1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi all, been off it for a while due to a motherboard change. Anyway, jumped back in with the silver raw 6.4 and found it superb in the wet, I can feel even the slightest loss of grip, can't remember what it was like before but did the last update increased scrub?

2. Slapshot82

Slapshot82 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've attached my personally tuned files (a mix of Heavy Messing and Silver Raw), which are updated for the latest AMS 2 build. The following cars are included:

1. Ultima GTR
    2. COPA Montana
    3. Super V8
    4. Ginetta G55 GT4 Supercup
    5. Rocco 001
    6. Formula Reiza

These files are dialed in for the T300 RS, but they should work well for any "low end" wheel base. The in-game settings are listed in the file name for fast access (GAIN, LFB, FX). These files work really well for similar car types with just minor in-game changes.

@Alegunner68 I'm pretty sure there were changes to the scrub effect in the latest AMS 2 build. This build caused me hours of work to get these files back into shape!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  3. nabelo

nabelo New Member

Hi Splapshot82,

thanks for your files.
    Since today i also own a T300 RS and want to try out your files.
    Inside the .zip i can find two files for "5. ROCCO 001 v1.0".
    One is called "Slapshot 82 Tuned Files_Car Specific\5. ROCCO 001 v1.0\Heavy Messing v2.5 Files" and the other one is called "Slapshot 82 Tuned Files_Car Specific\5. ROCCO 001 v1.0\Silver Raw v6.6.5.9.6_Low-end". What is the difference of those two setups? Which one dou you recommend?

I also can find two files in the "6. Formula Reiza v1.0_61-5-50" folder.
    One is in the subfolder "Slapshot 82 Tuned Files_Car Specific\6. Formula Reiza v1.0_61-5-50\high res" and the other one is in the root folder "Slapshot 82 Tuned Files_Car Specific\6. Formula Reiza v1.0_61-5-50".
    What is the difference of those two? Which one of those you recommend?

Best regards,
    Manuel

4. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks tool, Slapshot82. Just initial feedback after trying file for Super V8 (at 62-25-50), do you really prefer loose center, is it caused by the lower LFB at 25? For me, I had to increase it to somewhere 35-40. Just getting a perspective as FFB's really subjective. OTOH, the one for the Ultimate GTR is quite fine. Overall though, I seem to prefer less 'grainy' road, so so far I've now lowered Fx to 45.

Wish we can have an easier way than having to change files and exiting/re-entering the game. So far though the 6.5.9.8 highend-low resist seems quite fine w/ some gain/lfb in-game adjustments, depending on car. Perhaps @F.Santos is still quite busy :D Thanks again!

5. Ed B

Ed B New Member

All, first a big thank you to those guys spending time and sharing their work to help us enjoy this game better. Second, an apology - I am not savvy with all this stuff (but many years in sims etc.), so appreciate any help. I have a T300 RS. I loved the game in early pre-release and got very excited with the directness/rawness of the feel and feedback. That then got dialed back over the release period, and I am now really disappointed on where we have ended up with the weight and feel of the wheel around centre, which feels completely off versus real life in terms of weight and directness of feel (and for e.g. other games like ACC and RF2). I have tried a couple of the files posted across this thread, but they bring fundamental changes across the whole range of parameters - I am actually pretty happy with the overall feel on anything but around centre, and would really appreciate any more focused tuning tips to overcome that, rather than bringing a whole new file/approach. Thanks a lot.

6. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I appreciate the effort, but i'm really not sure, if using different custom files for different cars is the way to go.
    Maybe some will disagree, but IMHO one custom FFB file for all cars should be the goal. Adjusting gain for different cars should be enough.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Member

Yes, we should only have to adjust the FFB once for all cars, I do not want to have to adjust even gain for different cars. But if we have to because of limitations in SMS engine, then, like other SIM, we should have the ability to have FFB gain in each car set up.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. Slapshot82

Slapshot82 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@nabelo For the Rocco 001, one of the files is dialed in based off of Heavy Messing v2.5 & the other is dialed in based off of Silver Raw. My preferred file for this car is the one based off of Silver Raw.

For the Formula Reiza, there are two files dialed in based off of the Silver Raw series, one off a "Low End" file and the other off of a "High end" file. The "Low End" is the primary file, but some might like the more aggressive "High End" file.

@sherpa25 The Super V8 is a really tricky car on the T300 RS due to how powerful the forces comes thru the wheel. I don't prefer the center to be loose to be honest in most all cases, but with this car if I get the center tight, the forces under lateral loads become too great and overshadow the tire grip. I want to be able to feel the limit - not just wheel weight. Once I dialed it back to where it's at, I stared running Top 10 WR times.

If you want to bring back the tighter center, you'll want to increase the (gyro_scale) in the file. Try setting it at 0.5 for starters and if it's still too light then increase.

@Ed B I would recommend downloading NuScorpii's Heavy Messing v2.5 and for starters you want to set the (min_force) setting, as this has a significant affect on the wheel weight - I tend to prefer around 0.06. Then try adjusting the (tightness) variable to see if that gets you what you're looking for without altering other things.

To answer the questions/comments about swapping files, I personally don't swap cars too much. I really like to spend a lot of time with a car and develop muscle memory for it. Also, when I want to sit down and race, it's usually multi-class, multiple weather effects and 20-50+ laps. I'll drop my file in, adjust my in-game settings per the filename and I'm instantly dialed in and ready to go with optimal FFB. These files allow us to extract such incredible feedback from the individual cars, so for the few I drive the most, this is just my way of extracting the most enjoyment from this sim. :D

• Like Like x 2
  9. DoggeWotan

DoggeWotan New Member

A question for the professionals is off-topic, but maybe someone can help me. I would like to use two steering wheels on my DD1. Unfortunately there is no way to save two profiles in the game. In which file are the wheel settings with the key assignment saved? Then I would swap them. Thanks in advance

10. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I believe there already have been requests regarding this feature, not sure if it's going to be implemented though.

11. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

I think its here:
    \Documents\Automobilista 2\savegame\22765159\automobilista 2\profiles

The files say "defaultcontroller" but I believe they are current so creating another one for a different rim should work.

12. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Instead of manually copying config files, you can also try out the Madness Tool - Custom FFB and Profile Manager.

• Like Like x 1
  13. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey guys, unfortunately, I am out of the game for the foreseeable future, due to the pandemic I've been forced to focus on my career a bit more and also sell all my gear. Hopefully, in a future not too far away I can come back to it with a DD setup:cool::cool::cool::D, Good luck to you all with the Custom FFB, and have fun with the GTs and the green hell next month!

All the best!
    F.Santos

@Karsten Hvidberg
    @NuScorpii
    @Alegunner68
    @Shadak
    And everyone that participated and help so far with the custom files, it was awesome!

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Santos,

Thank you so much for all your help and enthusiasm for the custom files, HM or Silver Raw alike. It has been a pleasure to share the experience with you, hopefully you will be back to contribute again sometime soon.
    Good luck in life and in getting back on to a Sim rig again!

Cheers to you!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. DoggeWotan

DoggeWotan New Member

@Shadak @Ernie
    thank you very much for your advice. Ernie's tip in particular gave me a great solution, the tool is terrific. Now I can manage the steering wheels and the FFB files. Another question about the FFB files: I use the settings recommended by Fanatec in the base, which settings do I use InGame? I now have Gain 65, LFB 10 and FX 50 and am using the FFB file from NuScorpii Heavy Brass v2.5? Best regards

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Member

Why is there zero FFB if LFS is at zero? But back to full FFB if LFS is at 1?

17. Karsten Hvidberg

The custom files in general fix this, but there is a small bug in Reiza code responsible for this issue. So just set it at 1 when not using a custom file that fixes it.

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just a quick question. In the latest Silver Raw files, there is a line (feel with a setting of 2. What does this line effect and what happens if that setting is changed up or down. Thanks.

19. Karsten Hvidberg

Hey Michael!

It boosts the feeling of bumps when cornering, mostly.
    So if the car is wobbling up/down through a corner you get more of the less resist/more resist/less resist, while bumping round the corner.
    Setting at 1.0 will match not having it. Lower will relax it instead of boosting.
    1.0 is prob. best for DD.
    I would think prob. 1.5-2.0 is good for most belts, but it's very subjective as always and will depend on the exact wheel base and wear and tear of that unit.

I'm not sure it will stay in the file. It's an experimental feature.

Cheers, -Karsten

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. Lars Mars

Lars Mars Member

Is the ffb_custom_settings-full-silver-raw-6.6.5.9.9.6-lowerend-belts file also for the gear driven wheels or only for belt driven?