1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. jpmmuc

jpmmuc Active Member AMS2 Club Member

After your question I tried the F3 F301 in Imola.
    Looking at the blue bar it's really so that if you turn left the bar immediately grows blue and when you turn right it needs a little bit to start with the blue bar.

I checked it in VR: I looked at the tires and the wheel. If you look at the these I could see that the tires and the cockpit-wheel are turning with the slightest movement of my Fanatec-wheel even when there is no blue indicator to the right in the HUD.

So I think that the blue bar in the HUD has some rounding and you can't see the first small values as a bar when changing from left to right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

you are spot on the money! it's a tiny HUD anomaly and nothing to really worry about.. :)

3. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

Is it me or are the FFB settings getting worse/more canned effects.
    Actually makes the car harder to drive as there is so much interference going on the true feel is lost.
    I've started using Gain at 80-100 and just turning off Low force boost and FX to 0.
    Feels a lot more natural, doesn't drown out the feel of the car and stops that horrible springy over correction garbage, as if it's trying to drive for you, but in most cases tries coorecting something that doesn't need correcting.
    Honestly they had the FFB near on perfect at somewhere between0.8/0.9 pre release, but it's getting more like pcars2 which is a terrible thing.
    The on centre is too weak and the off centre is stupidly over springy/over rotation effect on the cars.
    I'm actually thinking it's not the physics/car tunes but more the FFB if anything, because all set to 0 the cars are a lot easier to drive on the limit.
    But it's getting there Cheers...

4. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Thanks for your response. Sorry I thought you could see my SIG.

I'm using a driving force pro. Logitec.
    I've tried all in game gain settings. If I raise it to 50 and above, its too hard turn. My settings in the driver sw are at 100 percent but again, I've tried different values for that also.

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

For me, the latest update was a huge step in the right direction to address these two issues. It really went backwards for you on these? I'm tying to confirm that versus you just still think it needs to be improved in those areas.

6. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nope. I turned to 0 FX and LFB and the FFB works better than before on default scheme. I feel always improvements since the official release.
    What has the FFB to do with the correction of car's slides anyway?

7. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

what does FFB have to do with the correction of slides, lmao, come on you can't be serious, i use 0 FX/LFB already on default, but it's no where even close for me as in early access.

8. jpmmuc

jpmmuc Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Not much info in your rant.
    Which wheel, which settings, profile reset?

From my point of view the FFB in AMS 2 is good and I understand what the car is doing. Sometimes I would like to have some more added effects for under-steer or when the tires are near loosing grip (even when they are not realistic). For me the only point to discuss is in higher down-force cars that the FFB seems to be clipping in the engine and that results in a strong but uninformative muted force in high speed corners.

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

And, if you combine this clipped/muted force in high-speed corners with the corresponding too-light forces when only mechanical grip is present, we see that some re-scaling of the forces would be helpful. I am sure this can be accomplished, but it is quite tricky to get the scaling consistently "improved" for so many different strength wheels.

10. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

It lets you feel when they're coming, which allows you to react to correct them. Do you even know what FFB is and what it's supposed to do? o_O

11. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That was a polite way to say that you are mixing things that have nothing to do. Self correcting cars as you are saying (I think you are dreaming, but anyway...) come from the physics of the car and can happen or not happen irrespective of the FFB feeling being right or not.
    As far as I can say, you are wrong on both aspects: cars are not self aligning and if by that you mean that cars should be killers you are big time wrong. It's enough to listen to what real drivers say about certain sims (iracing for instance) where at the first little overdriving cars crash immediately without any chance of controlling it.
    And you also probably have a very wrong setup for your FFB. Consider also that if you have heavily modified your wheel base settings to cope with other games (e.g. iracing or ACC) those settings are most likely the biggest contributors to your bad FFB feeling.

12. memoNo1

memoNo1 Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello, everybody.
    I need your help.
    Currently I am not satisfied with my settings. CSW 2.5. with Stockcar @ Interlagos.
    I only have a hard counterweight to steer. Otherwise, I have no effects whatsoever. You don't feel the road, no over or understeer. I tried all variants in the FFB setting. Which wheel settings do you use with the CSW 2.5?

13. memoNo1

Hello, everybody.
    I need your help.
    Currently I am not satisfied with my settings. CSW 2.5. with Stockcar @ Interlagos.
    I only have a hard counterweight to steer. Otherwise, I have no effects whatsoever. You don't feel the road, no over or understeer. I tried all variants in the FFB setting. Which wheel settings do you use with the CSW 2.5?

14. memoNo1

Hello, everybody.
    I need your help.

15. memoNo1

Hello, everybody.
    I need your help.

16. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Hi Memo,

It sounds like there's a chance you might have to delete the "Documents/Automobilista 2" folder & restart the game.
    This has helped other people with similar issues.
    If you already tried this just disregard.

Cheers

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

On my CSWv2 I run 60-75/50/50 but have the custom FFB set to 0.7 gain in the custom FFB file and switch to that when I drive the high downforce F1 cars it doesn't clip,they can clip even with in game gain at 50 on my wheel.

18. memoNo1

Can you give me please some more details mate?

19. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Sure , in game i set the gain to between 60 or 75 depending on the car (it will be great when we have car specific settings) and i pretty well leave LFB and FX at 50 now . Most cars feel pretty great at these settings other than the modernish F1 cars (v10's , Formula Reiza and Ultimate) they clip at speed because the down force creates massive load on the FFB so i have adjusted this line

(recip_force ( / 0.7 max_overall_force))

in the ffb_custom_settings.txt folder in Documents/Automobilista 2 folder and i switch to the custom FFB by pausing the game and swapping from Default to Custom from the pause menu FFB settings .

I hope this helps :) But if you need more help i can try and be of assistance .

• Like Like x 1
  20. memoNo1

I feel like you...