1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What am i doing wrong - too many spins !

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Sting Ray, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Second the comments about how good the ginetta feels and I own ACC, to the extent I even prefer AMS2 version

But to support OP claim I just can't enjoy the Camaro and Ultima with spinning at even the softer throttle input I can

it's super frustrating with these 2 cars

2. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

To me, the Ginetta and also the Stocks feel very good to drive now. Also the open wheel cars have improved a lot since the game was released - the F309, for instance, is fun to drive now, and it wasn't to me when 1.0 was released.

But, yes, the Camaro needs to be fixed. Also it seems that some are complaning about the vintage formulas (I almost don't drive them, so can't opine).

I think some cars are close to how they should be, and others clearly are not finished yet and need changes. The most important is that Reiza is aware of the community complaints and will keep working to improve the cars, so I believe the final result will be satisfactory.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Kim

Kim Mr. Andersen in SIM AMS2 Club Member

My wheel is nothing special, Thrustmaster TMX with T3PA pedals (not Pro)

I have Thrustmaster TMX Pro. Set your control panel settings to default, in game ffb settings i use 100/70/20 it works for me:)

4. 250swb

250swb Active Member

I think you are trying to discover the answer in the wrong place. The back end of the car coming round is nothing to do with your FFB, all the FFB will communicate is that the back end is getting loose, but you don't want it loose coming out of a corner anyway. As long as you aren't riding a steep curb you should be powering out of the corner, not tentatively trying to find grip.

The Ginetta is very skittish on cold tyres but improves massively into a very stable car when they are warm. So try the following by taking a warm tyred Ginetta as your benchmark, increase the front anti-roll bar one click, and decrease the rear anti roll bar two or even three clicks. You now have a car with some understeer and understeer is safe, it makes the car want to slide a bit at the front going into a corner, but you can control this with trail braking. But understeer also makes the front of the car slide a bit on the way out of corners, so as long as the front wheels are pointing in the right direction you can safely apply the power. Softening the rear anti-roll bar also makes the car ride the curbs easier. Unless you are in a drifting competition nobody in real life would have a car set up where they are permanently fighting the rear end with lots of opposite lock and it just isn't fast. So with the anti-roll bars and you'll see the simple effect they have. You may decide you want to increase understeer even more, or decrease it by going back a bit on the settings.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

I find the Caterham 720 very slippery. Even a little push on the gas after a corner makes the car spinning. I already deleted the setup files after the latest update but the Caterham remains like it is riding on ice.

6. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I also had the problem with too many spins with all the cars. The setup didn't matter. So I stepped into the Formula Trainer and the Formula Vee. Slow cars, but only with mechanical grip. That way I learned how the cars reacted to declerate in corners, correct in the corners and just roll through the corners. Eventually learned how to trail break. Now I can driver the Ginetta and and Stockcar, but still have problems with most of the cars with wings.
    After I while I also learned something about the setup of a diff. This has a huge effect on the stability of the car.

7. Sting Ray

Sting Ray Member AMS2 Club Member

this is what is so great about this forum....loads of useful responses. Not had any time to get on AMS2 today, but have printed out the suggestions and will try each one asap

8. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

so, every player has his own taste and, obviously, driving style.;)
    i can handle most of the open wheelers quite easily (with the exception of the turbo monsters of formula classic gen 1) although i am just a mediocre driver. with some of them i have reached decent times in leaderboards, too (yeah i know, game is not very crowded at the moment and many maniacs have not set their times yet).
    but the stockcars and the v8 supercars are really hard to handle for me..:whistle: i do not join mp races with these cars, because i am afraid of ruining other people's race by making mistakes all the time. :D

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
  9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Interesting...

Do you use cockpit view? Because if you can handle the open-wheelers (yes, the F-Classic G1 turbo monsters excepted), the Stock Car, especially the 2019 version, should not be a problem. The SuperV8 is a special, tricky car (in real life), so let's leave it aside. But I find the constricted cockpit view on some cars results in me taking much longer to come to grips with them, though eventually I can. If the cockpit view is combined with, for example, a narrow, single-screen monitor, it could be a world of difference from the open-wheelers where you can see the track environment and other cars so much more clearly.

10. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Im using this cockpit view in F-Reiza and a FOV of 58 - on a small 20" monitor.
    This view doesnt look extremely realistic for me - but for my immersion its a lot more "realistic" than the goofy "gaming" alternative views AMS2 does support.
    I guess it will be only when I can/will afford a PC that can drive a VR set with a reasonable fsp that I come closer to a realistic cockpit view.:confused:

Cockpit view FOV58 F-Reiza.jpg

11. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Yes, cockpit view. All other views feel strange to me in Ams 2. In other sims I often use T-Cam for open wheelers.
    And yes, single monitor here, so I do not see much in Stockcars. ;)
    But tried them today for the first time since long time and I can control them better, maybe due to some of the latest updates.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

I mostly race in cockpit view (on triple screens) but I also do like the roof cam. Not only in AMS2 bur in all games. It gives a more speed sensation and you can see a lot of the track which is nice as well.

13. Sting Ray

Sting Ray Member AMS2 Club Member

Well i must say i am a happier camper now. Taking the recommended (thanks Kim) 100/70/20 and tweaking the 100 to 75 (personal preference to not have to wrestle the wheel on my TMX), the FFB is now very good. On the Stock Cars (not 2020) one notch down on the rear ARB and one notch up on the front ARB has indeed made for a far more drivable car (along with a notch down on tyre pressures). Maybe not the fastest setup, but a 30 mins race with just one spin (tight corner at Goiana) is a big improvement. Must say that Oulton Park (classic) is now my favourite track for the Stock Cars. Thanks to all for guidance.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

im the only using elmet view whir apex turning? the apex moviment tell you also when the car is loosening the rear..