1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 August 2020 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 31, 2020.

1. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I like the original more, it is transparent i takes less space and gives more information. If you add the care type and split times to your layout almost a quarter of the screen is filled with hud,

EDIT: I see your hud is transparent also, it are the colors that makes it to prominent, i like the more quiet "faded" style of the original.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  2. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

I like the original more too. I don't think the italic font suits the UI at all.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. TheDoctor

TheDoctor New Member

My 2 cents... in the official broadcast they use abbreviated names so as not to take up too much space on the screen. They also add color keys to teams. For broadcating purposes this would be the ideal.

f2-1.png f2-2-.png f3-3.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Abbreviated names work well, assuming we all know who they are (because they are famous and on TV) and there is commentary constantly reminding us.

When I am online, I need the full name of the people....most of whom I have never raced against and may never again.

The answer to this is the same as always--a toggle to go back and forth from the 3-character short forms to the full names, similar to how we can turn the name labels over the cars on and off at will as needed.

The Sky F2 broadcast has nice graphics--copying it closely would be a good option. I would also like to see a toggle to cycle through the different views they use:
    • Standard view distance from leader
    • Same view with intervals
      • The standard view needs to distinguish class
      • Within class we also need vehicle-specific indicators when there are multiple variants within a class, but that could be reserved for the more detailed leader board seen in the pits
    • Additional thin column showing in succession (order doesn't matter) tire choice, # of pit stops, PTP remaining, eyc...whatever all the things are we regularly see on TV one at at time so as not to block too much of the view)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would also like to see a speed trap on the fastest point on each track. I recall having a mod with it on rF, loved it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

Did Reiza change something to the Formula Reiza? Car is much heavier, especially in fast corners. I didn't change the ffb settings

7. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes they changed a lot in FFB and tire wall stiffness in the past updates. It is recommended now to lower LFB and FX to 0 or close to that.

8. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

Finally, reset the FFB settings and yes the game is back, also turned the LFB/FX to 0 with the overall force at 85, cheers Reiza/Forum :)

9. kagurazakayukari

kagurazakayukari Member

I'm wondering if the broadcasting screen can zoom in on the topleft corner about 80%?, so the camera control panel can nicely put on the other space, so we can capture screen without these buttons/bars by simple zoom out or add a coverlayer on it (can be used to do some promotion).

10. Marc Collins

Not sure that is a universal recommendation, but definitely consider adjusting your settings after all the recent updates. My particular wheel still works best at default settings of Gain/50 LFB/50 FX.

11. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think they were very clear about FX. Anyway as usual different person different taste, but in any case the FFB is so much changed that it will definitely need significant re-tuning.

12. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

About tracks. I had an idea just a hour ago.

Why not adapting the Counter-Strike Map-model?
    This means Reiza releases an SDK for AMS 2 which enables users to make their own tracks. Preferably real life tracks, but also fictional tracks. We already kind of know which tracks are being released by Reiza, so they should be excluded from made by users. One problem may be licenses.

Now onto the idea.
    • Reiza let users create tracks to play for a month. Every month 10 tracks will be able to be played, and every month the most (two) played track(s) will be included in the Reiza 'official' track-roster as paid DLC.
    • The three least played tracks will be removed from the line up and another new three will join from the monthly new track-roster.
    • The creators of the tracks will be include in the credits and a little percentage of the sum whenever someone bought his or her track.
    • All these points above will lead that users create quality tracks instead of scamping it.
    • At last if this idea isn't possible due licenses then the tracks will be released as free mods, unless it's a fictional track.
    What do you guys think about it?

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Good idea, I like it.

14. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

Reiza cannot officially support modding probably becouse the Madness Engine doesn't belong to Reiza and that was part of the contract. And selling mods as official content would be a big no no.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Ah man.. :(

16. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Not sure where to post this, but does anyone else feel like basically every track on AMS2 is way too bumpy? Especially the Formula cars bounce in some pretty unrealistic ways, and I think that that's a huge part of why the camera shake seems so bad.

Like, if you look at the cars in replays (try, say, the Formula V12 on Hockenheim, and take a look at the breaking areas), they are hopping around excessively, and I can't remember it being this extreme in real life.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Marc Collins

Replays have issues that are not related to what we see or experience when we drive. It's not a 1:1 recording.

18. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Feels quite fitting relative to what I'm witnessing when driving in cockpit view, though. I would not have raised the issue if it didn't.

19. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

Well, we can just guess how bumpy is for real ;)
    But bumpy it seems to be in real, still, good to have control over it

20. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

One of the reasons why AMS2 is my preferred sim is how the weight transfer and road feel (including bumps) translates to my motion rig in a way that to me seems similar to a real car. Funnily enough, BeamNG.drive is surprisingly good as well, but in a different way which I won't spend time on explaining here. iRacing gets the road feel right with some cars, such as those with the newest tire model, and rFactor2 is also good with some of the tracks.

None of these sims including AMS2 have much road texture feel at below pit lane speed, at least nothing that is passed through the telemetry to my motion rig. But I compensate for this with a buttkicker and set SimHub to simulate engine rumble at near-idle revs and also simulate road texture grain with some noisy intermittent rumble.

I have never driven a high-downforce vehicle in real life, so I don't know anything about that realism, but for low-downforce cars in AMS2 at speeds up to 250kph I'd say that the road feels realistic enough and better than most of the alternatives.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1