1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza already showed us they are working on it. Soon we should have it :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If not already mentioned, information about current track condition:

For example:
    Friday morning: dirt
    Friday afternoon: light use
    Saturday morning: medium use
    Saturday afternoon: high use

Some spit: damp
    Light, medium, heavy rain: wet
    Thunderstorm: flooded

After rain: clean

And weather forecast as well as indicator for wind direction, of course.
    (trackmaps are not always north orientaded!)

3. benvelor

benvelor Member

but an editor for teams and drivers name is in preview?

4. aboe_83

aboe_83 ABOE AMS2 Club Member

Bit of a long shot... (and also unsure if this is the place for such a feature request as it's a hefty feature to request, tbh):

A slightly less rudimentary version of GT6's Track Path Editor. Essentially, a track creator with control over elevation changes, which side of the track the pitlane should be, track surface, etc.

Whether this is a realistic request I leave to you guys to decide as I know modding has become contractually a no-go area, so perhaps this might be interpreted as something very similar to modding. But it would be great to see something approaching a reasonably feature-rich track creator in the sim. Just how much work would need to go into developing and releasing something like this I don't know... but maybe something to consider for late '21/early '22... or even for your next AMS title?

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Highly unlikely that tracks with the level of sophistication in surface modelling, water/drainage, AI pathways, track cut modelling, dirt and rubber build-up, etc., that we have in AMS 2 could be done this way, but hey, who knows?

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. alink

Time counting for setup changes in pit.
    If changing something on setup like tire pressure, damper, spring, ride high,....., this need time (in real). So time should be counted for each change and blocking the driving.
    For example:
    tire change: for each tire 1 minute
    pressure change: for each 1 minute
    changing gearbox: 10 minutes
    changing damper: 3 minutes
    In singleplayer it should be skipable
    Benefit: more realism, management of driving on track and changing of setup because of limited time (as in real life)

7. Erwin

Erwin New Member

• Click a name/laptime in the garage timing monitor displays all previous laptimes
    • Show fuel usage per lap for a few seconds when crossing the finish line (as in AMS1) at the place of the 'total fuel amount' indicator. Ideally, this data would also be displayed next to every laptime on the timing monitor in the garage.
    • Show the time it takes to go from 0-100km/h each time the car accelerates from a standstill. This could be handy when practicing starts. The time could be displayed at the place of the fuel amount indicator for a few seconds when passing a certain target speed (100, or car-dependent).
    • Exit to replay. Most of the times when I watch a replay, it's directly after leaving a session. Exitting to a replay would save loading time.
    • When pitting and stopping on the marks, the car should not 'warp' into position; this breaks the immersion. Let the crew adapt to the cars position instead.
    • In multiplayer, when clicking 'start' it should put me in the cockpit already, instead of displaying 'ready' on the monitor before automatically switching to the cockpit just 2 seconds before lights out. Like AMS1, it'll be nicer to be prepared in the cockpit, and having a countdown there till the start. It's also more real and immersive to be in the cockpit, looking around, see where the other cars are, playing with the revs while the tension builds up. Adding a bit of engine vibration/torque when standing still would also add a bit more immersion.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Possibility to add the attached instrument dashboard for the Stock Car 2020 when the wheel isn't visible??
    Just noticed this during this weekend's races at Londrina and feel this would be a great benefit for those who run with the wheel hidden.
    Stock Car Dash.png
    It's not very clear in this image but has Rev lights, gear indicator and other various information normally available on the wheel itself.

9. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello,
    Things I would like to see;

Ability to adjust mirrors, see this as a basic necessity.

Map more functions to wheel/button boxes. Fuelmix, etc.

Perhaps be able to pause game in single player to adjust pit stop.

List of functions specific to each car like p2p/kers, drs, mapping, etc.

Edit, forgot the most important things, SPARKS and BRAKE GLOW!

Thanks for all of your hard work Reiza

• Agree Agree x 7
  10. alink

Beside your other points, this is really missing and shouldn't be a problem to integrate.
    Every sim I had before had this 'feature' (it's not really a feature, it's only a timing setting).
    The best was in NASCAR Racing 2003 season: 'Gentleman, start your engines...' and then after a short enigne heating up the formation lap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. alink

Brake glow is integrated as well as sparks when scratching over the track(!)
    For example, take a V10 Gen2 at Cascais / Estoril and run front straight with full speed. From cockpit view look back. When the car hits the ground some sparks occur.
    But this is the only way to see them. From outside the cockpit or in replay I couldn't reproduce, they aren't seenable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Can you see the sparks from the cars ahead?

13. alink

no, only my own sparks from cockpit view when looking back. It seems that they appear somewhere in the middle of the car but the lifetime is too short that they are visible behind the car (or there is another reason).
    I find it strange why not to see them from outside or in replay because the logic that they appear when scratching on the track is available.
    This is meant 'sparks when scratching over the track' more as a joke. They aren't implemented right now.

• Like Like x 1
  14. benvelor

benvelor Member

Formula Classic gen3 model 3
    the gearshift animation is broken, the hand is not on the shaft

15. benvelor

benvelor Member

"Perhaps be able to pause game in single player to adjust pit stop"
    this, but maybe it depends to my (lack of) abilitiy :p

Saving session in single race, between practice and qualifying
    choosing grid position when, in single race, qualifying is disabled
    random mechanical failure, both for IA than the player (I mean, there was in F1GP, in the 1991...)
    more IA driving error, not only increasing aggression rate

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. benvelor

benvelor Member

rotate and zoom in liveries preview (help for modding, indeed)

17. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

Is there a way a lobby owner can remove people from the lobby? Seems like it would be good to be able to disqualify people. We are having league races, but allowing regular drivers to participate. We want to be inclusive, we just dont want to have reckless people causing issues week after week. It hasn't caused an issue yet, but eventually it will. I think this would be a good feature.

18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

This is essential until/if the server is not using a ranking system screen. There should be a ban function with a few time options (e.g., 1 hour; 1 day; 1 week) depending on the severity of the issue. Could be combined with a vote system to ensure server hosts don't get too authoritarian or arbitrary. In fact, based on my experience with other games and sims, there should be an exit vote/rating of the host so problematic ones can be avoided in the future. Although idiot wreckers are the most significant problem by far, delusional and unfair hosts can also spoil races/online experiences.

• Like Like x 1
  19. mist3rf0ur

mist3rf0ur Member

I know it's a big ask, but... DLSS 2.1 implementation, please very much and thank you!

I think this would give a very big boost to many users with Nvidia cards. There's a benefit for lower tier and higher tier cards and for me, a VR user, I would be able to push my Index even further in the frame rate department while keeping good performance in the rain.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Please make patch (like devs did in rFactor2) so that we can use VR without need for PP (parallel projection). Because this eats up so many FPS on VR headsets with canted displays like Pimax HMDs...

• Like Like x 2