1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trucks and tire temps

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by alink, Sep 17, 2020.

1. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi all,
    what I'm doing wrong?
    Whatever I do middle tire temp always explodes.
    If I set pressure to minimum, take care not to steer too much, take corners with really low speed, and and and, always the same issue after one / two laps! Then tire grip drops down and there's only understeering and sliding.
    Is this by nature (don't think so), a problem with tire simulation (in AMS1 never had such a problem) or is it meeee?
    Thanks for tips!
    truck.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Its completely normal. Truck tires last for 10 laps anyway. In real life they do only 10 laps. I am sure the temps are somehow showing car-tyre temperatures. Would be lovely if it shows green - optimal truck temps.

Just enjoy racing those beasts!

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Juan Reinoso

Juan Reinoso Doctor SimRacing AMS2 Club Member

Several months ago I already reported that problem with the tires more than once, but they never fixed it

40 minutes race:

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  4. alink

I think you misunderstood:
    I mean, why is the middle tire temp 'exploding' but inner and outer 'freezing'?
    Wether the temp itself nor the wear is the issue.
    High tire temp and wear with an car / truck of about 4000 - 5000 kg isn't unusual.

• Like Like x 1
  5. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

LOL, at first I was wondering why the first truck was so high :D Wonder how they change tires on pitstops.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

My guess is that this anomali happens just because when you create a tire model then the last thing that is correct(ed) is the telemetry temp destribution over the tire surface.
    Probably because the devs (correctly) conclude that the urgent thing is how the TM does behave - and not how it looks (in the telemetry data).:cool:

ByTheWay: We have to remind ourselves that this is just a virtual video game and as such it has no real tires and temperatures. Its only pretending:p

7. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, my guess is the trucks are so heavy the center-tyre will endure more heat and pressure than the in and out. Perhaps you can fiddle with the pressure, but for me this is completely normal in AMS 2. The trucks do not feel any different or weird when the (center)temps start to increase. They still feel fantastic.

It might be wise for Reiza to spend some time with the Trucks and the Karts.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. alink

Such high middle tire temps are an indication that tire pressure is too high. But with the lowest possible there's the same issue. But I think a pressure of 4 till 5 bar does match with real life. If a normal race car with 1000kg uses a pressure of about 1.5 bar than a truck with 4000-5000kg and about 5 bar is OK.
    I also don't think that the hud shows something wrong. Why should it? It shows the values which are simulated.
    If in real life the middle gets such a high temp than the tire construction is completely wrong! Maybe if you use a car tire on a truck than something like this may happen.

I can't confirm that they don't feel different with increasing middle tire temp. For me they start to slide and understeer.
    But I completely confirm that it would be nice if Reiza spend some time with trucks because I love to drive them but the models aren't finished yet, there are many things missing or wrong (like the 'wipered' windscreen doesn't match to the wipers movement).

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. budlix

budlix New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello, I would like to ask how much is Copa Truck module done? What I mean..
    In previous AMS there were speed traps, and also I could clearly make whole race, sometimes had problems with worn breaks, but now I have huge problems with tire temps. I was racing at Goiania and wasn't able to make more than 4 laps without baking my tires, even when trying driving gently (well, then no chance to not to be better than last) temperatures were only raising, on straights it dropped by one degree maximally. Don't know what I'm doing wrong, can somebody explain it to me? Thank you very much!
    Adding that I'm using default setups.

10. alink

Trucks tire temp is curios, I don't understand what causes this extrem heating especially middle temp.
    In my opinion the tire/truck models are not finished yet. But unfortunately there is no info or plan from REIZA when they will finish it. I hope it will not take too long because I love(d) driving the trucks, but not in AMS2 (in AMS1 I spend hours with them)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. budlix

Exactly! Even I'm bad in driving these beasts and can't do heel-toe pedaling anyhow, still huge fun. Still remember my overtake with kick of second gear

12. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

quite literally a "screen recording" XD

13. budlix

:D:oops: Yes it's "poor" I just wanted this moment and keep playing.