1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any way of renaming AI Drivers & Teams?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Baz_Lightyear, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Baz_Lightyear

Baz_Lightyear New Member

Hi. New here hence 1st post. The title says it all really. Is there any such way that drivers & team names can be changed in ASM2?
    Thanks.

Baz

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. benvelor

benvelor Member

Unfortunately not, at least for now...
    I hope, when reiza release an update about custom championship, there will be a sort of editor.. and a performance editor too...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Baz_Lightyear

Baz_Lightyear New Member

Ok. Thanks for the reply. Shall wait and hope :)

4. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

I really hope this will be possible one day too

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope this will arrive one day because that's what will keep me motivated on the long run: custom car skins, custom driver names and strength, custom everything around AI.

Tbh Iracing does a pretty damn good job regarding customized AI already, I hope AMS2 will be similar one day.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Pacchia

Pacchia Member

At least driver sets that do not change from race to race in single race...
    The same car should always have the same driver name associated to it, I do not understand why it must change all the time?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. benvelor

benvelor Member

They don't?? :confused:

8. Rodger Davies

It’s a legacy of the way PCARS method. I think this is because the way the first game was funded offered ‘investors’ the chance to have their name in game but didn’t want to give them specific cars or strengths so it’s just random.

I agree that his really, really frustrates me and it’s a large thing that killed the longevity of both PCARS games to me - this is more important than any feature to me personally, including custom championships.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Let's not forget the ability to use the player's name rather than their bloody steam handle.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  10. F_B

This so much.
    I might be a bit too sensitive but it really makes a difference to me if I race against a real name or some stupid XxRacorxX etc.

AMS2 needs these features to become an offline dream

• ability to assign custom skins to cars
    • create individual drivers with a bunch of custom skills / attributes such as aggression, defensive behaviour etc (Iracing is a benchmark in this regard)
    • custom championships
    • custom grids

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  11. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I agree with above, and maybe team attributes like 'struggling' teams having a bit less horsepower.
    As an offline player, I'm loving what Reiza have done so far with AI improvements, and some relatively simple features like these would totally be the icing on the cake!.

12. Rodger Davies

Massive +1 to that too, will never understand why three successive games haven’t added a field for that

13. Apex

Apex Active Member

Some fine ideas, gents.
    Imagine being able to set up an entire field for a full season with each driver having individual skill level and temperament.

Reiza could even use the telemetry g-meter to calculate how many weeks a driver would need recuperating after a particularly nasty shunt, and how it would affect the driver's confidence.

14. F_B

As controversial as Iracing is, they deliver exactly that: you can assign several attributes to every driver and then you can customize a whole field of cars and drivers and race your own customized season with them. That’s how AI / offline racing has to be!

• Like Like x 5
  15. benvelor

benvelor Member

my dream :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. rsr427

rsr427 Member AMS2 Club Member

Do they only have AI for select series though? I really wanted to try their Outlaws cars and tracks, but not if it were online only.

17. rsr427

rsr427 Member AMS2 Club Member

We need to quit dreaming. It seems like developers think that immersion is tire flex and wiggly steering bits. Someone said it a while back that these new games are physics experiments. I play, mostly, F1 2018, and it really grabs me because I am always trying to beat my teammate and my rival, and I LOVE watching the cars develop over a season. As soon as I think my upgrade is going to push me over the top, Mercedes comes out with their killer upgrade.

I don't think I'll ever see any better multi-season racing experience. I don't expect any sort of "career development" anymore from any other developer. I'm setting my bar pretty low b/c I've been nothing but disappointed. ACC was a waste of time, especially their "career" mode. rf2 is still a big beta project. PC1 was close. Tony Stewart's Sprint car Racing puts in more effort than most in a career mode. Sorry to rant. But AMS2 adds to this pile in being a big collection of fictional teams and drivers with no structure or anything motivating you to try something more than a few laps in each car. I am also desperately waiting for the career mode to be release something in 2020, but my expectations are low. I always thought that AMS had the content package to simulate rising through a career in motorsports, but I don't have any programming chops to put together the finishing touches.

Alright, enough for now.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. benvelor

benvelor Member

a carrier mode is in the roadmap, but it's far...
    for now, I would be happy if there will be a chance to make a my championship, with ai drivers strenght, like talent in rF/AMS, and teams with different power... and mechanical failure for player's car as well...

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I think this will come in a few months. What @rsr427 is asking for will either be many, many months or never. We would have to really show a large community interest in the sophisticated career mode before Reiza could invest resources into developing that. And even if they did agree, it would never happen until all the core elements of the game were mature.

20. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I’d like to name the AI for my first championship after characters from the He-Man Masters of the Universe universe.

“Oh no Evil-Lyn took pole and Beast Man is behind me!”

• Funny Funny x 2