1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And the award for most improved car since launch goes to....

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by tpw, Sep 21, 2020.

1. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I know there's been lots of work on lots of cars, but for me it's the Copa Montana. On release it was an incredibly skittish and unstable feeling car, almost impossible to keep the back end of the car at the back of the car. The last updates, with improvements to the diff, aero balance and default setup have transformed the Montana, it's a real joy to drive and one of my most driven cars lately. Who among us doesn't have a secret desire to be a Brazilian psycopath blasting a hotted up ute around a tropical track in the pouring rain?

2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

For me it's the SuperV8, that with the initial FFB was terrible! Now it drives really nicely and feels more like how I feel it should feel.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

Oh jeesus the V8 for me is still horrible lol, In fact i booted up Pcars 1 and Pcars2 just to test.
    To my surprise Pcars 1 was very good
    Pcars2 was awful
    AMS 2 was somewhere in the middle, have to say i would be looking at more Pcars1 if i was Reiza, they actually got alot of things right, going back to it, it was ahead of its time in some aspects.
    I would say the Stock car and Sprint car along with most of the Formula cars for me, are great.
    Stock car 2020 and Ginetta are just plain wrong for me as well.

4. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I have mainly been driving the F-Reiza since install of AMS2 - and eventhough I still consider it as a great sim car then my oppinion is that it has slightly "regressed" to a more unstable car where the rear disappear without much warning.:confused:

At least if you are able to drive it "on the edge" (compared with the other laptimes on the LB).;)

I come from iRacing and became fed up with their "binary" (on/off) TM - but now something of the same behaviour can be found in the latest F-Reiza incarnation.
    I mean when you have saved a slide to the right then the car suddenly zigzag to the opposite side - and if you are able to save this too then the zigzag often starts over again.
    Until picnic time.:D

Hehe F-Zigzag:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Oh wow.....no "By the way" today :p

6. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

For me it is the Stock Car 2020 and the G55 that has improved the most. Special the G55 is an absolute blast to drive.

7. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Hehe you got me :p
    But this time I wanted to end my posting positive/humorish - because thats in some way included in the headline for this thread :D

8. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Too me the SL and 620r have improved lots. The FFB was light and weird at the beginning, but slowly the FFB and the car changed into better and better. With current main release they feel so great. Haven't raced them in the Beta build, but I will surely get surprised at the end of the month.

V8's also have improved lots. They felt a bit like those two wheel cars, a mod in AC, like you're dancing on a line and trying to balance the V8 on that line. But, man, they feel amazing at the moment. They are perhaps one of the difficult cars to drive. Understanding/Mastering them is rewarding. When you use them in MP lots of people will leave during T1 anyway, lol.

9. Lucas Vieira

Lucas Vieira Member

Super V8 for me its one of the most improvements right now. Considering It has a 100% lock in the rear wheels, it behaves like expected.

Stock car also has bigger improvements since day 1, way more stable and easy to predict their movements.

Opala 86 it looks like now with AMS 1, less power, but its very similar on physics.

10. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I still find it very unstable and easy to pirouette.

11. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Member

It's probably 3 weeks ago since I drove the Ultima RACE car and from the beginning I loved the feel, steering, tyres etc. But I drove it stock setup a few minutes ago and apart from getting front brakes locking immediately, the back is sliding/rear locking when braking. So strange.
    I have 90% brake pressure. 58/42

I tried less brake pressure and played with less or more front/rear brake bias vice versa but to no avail.

This never happened before: it could brake very very stable very hard from high speeds without having some front/rear brakes locking or sliding all over the place.

EDIT:
    I drove Oulton Park full NC and the above occured.
    I just tried Hockenheim full and no issues at all. Thank God.:oops:

Track surface I guess.

Cheers
    Robin

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020