1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camera too bumpy

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by WhippyWhip, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Nothing to do with the settings. Even if you set all settings to minimise the shaking, it still shakes way to much. We just need an option to turn it completely off if you prefer. Take a look at Pcars, there it is no problem and not that much like we see in AMS2 although it is the same engine.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  2. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Last time I looked, some cars were worse than others. At one point way back, the Chevette was a great little car to race, then it got really bouncy and barfalicious, but the last time I drove it, it had calmed down again. I use WM at 50, and that usually gives a decent compromise without inducing too much of the dizzy effect. I mostly drive the tintops rather than the F1 cars, and they tend to be OK, but I've definitely had issues with that FV10 which put me off driving it.

Edit: I just tried a few of the ones that I remember as being too bumpy, and they do seem better than when I last drove them, looks like things are heading in the right direction.

Also the Chevette is now not very drivable in other ways, as the back end is a bit loose for the kind of power it delivers I think.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I was asking @ATSS :)

4. Bull Shark

I know and I replied on you asking about his settings. :D

5. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I would give Reiza 20 euro if I can have camera where's the cockpit is static, and the rest of the world is moving, but not like at the moment where it's like the head is glued onto the headrest/car at 100/0

I hate it when my rig is static and the cockpit is moving. Ideally my rig and cockpit would move as well.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  6. RWB FxUK

RWB FxUK Member AMS2 Club Member

LOL, but... so would I :D

Basically it needs a world movement dampener and the lock to horizon repurposing, because that is just "doing it wrong" in my opinion, of course.

In Raceroom for instance, it has settings for this which work really well (pitch lag)

[​IMG]

The biggest difference is, on a flat the camera isn't shaking like crazy, almost as if its locked to the horizon, but when you go on an incline / decline (say bathurst or BHGP) the camera doesn't stay locked to the horizon, it adjusts to the angle of the incline, but in such a way as it's smoothed and feels natural.
    With my settings (not necessarily those in the screenshot), cockpit movement allows for say 10% movement so you still get some effect but no silly camera angles like looking at your feet when going uphill, just enough for it to not be too rigid, although you can too, if you like.

With AMS2, currently, there is no real middle ground. Any amount of world movement and its eye strain inducing shaking plus comical cockpit motion, almost micro-stutter inducing too. Turn world movement off and one problem is mostly solved (shaking) but not completely, however, the comical cockpit motion isn't.

There's literally no middle ground that is comfortable, other than a soft suspension car on an almost completely flat track and.

Please please please please.. :hurrayreiza: do something sooner rather than later.

I know, I know.. I sound like a broken record... but it's that bad, I can't help myself :p

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Marc Collins

All we need is the old AMS system--worked perfectly and had no complaints that I am aware of. I asked for it in the first alpha, so it is obviously harder to implement than we would like. But Reiza is well aware of the issue.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

My guess is that at least at the moment the Reiza devs are unable to fully control the Madness physics engine.
    So what should be obvious to solve quickly like this rather basic bug they probably dont have a clue how to solve without introducing other bugs in related areas.
    Hopefully they will be able to control the madness better in the future - because otherwise customers just become fed up with such basic issues - and vote with their feet(and wallet).:whistle:

9. buddhatree

buddhatree Member

I bought into this game (early access beta) in March and it's been pretty much unplayable (for me) since then. I almost feel as if I wasted $100.

Racing games/sims I've played/play that don't cause motion sickness:
    GTR
    GT Legends
    GTR2
    Race07
    GTR Evo
    rFactor
    rFactor2
    Automobilista
    RaceRoom
    iRacing
    AC
    AC2
    pCARS
    pCARS2
    The DiRT Series
    The WRC Series

Racing games/sims I've played/play that do cause motion sickness:
    Automobilista 2

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Be patient, mate. An update near you might surprise you. :po_O

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

As you're on Release version, what WM setting do you use, and with what cars/tracks do you experience this?

12. blanes

blanes Member

I play very rarely now ... Only because of this issue but is nice to read from Dev that it will be fixed ... question is when ? The devs severely under estimated just how crippling this isse can be for those of us affected.

Oh and I use motion and it makes no difference to how nauseated I feel just from the visual bumpiness ... sorry to say it is not the answer - only a proper coded fix will do unfortunately !

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Marc Collins

Very soon...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

Yeah this is a pest.
    But beside of the car dependance its also highly track dependent.
    Just tried Brands GP in the F-Reiza and my eyes nearly popped out because of this shaking.:rolleyes:

ByTheWay: Im just on a flat 2D screen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Bull Shark

Adelaide is the worst of them all shaking wise.:eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. buddhatree

buddhatree Member

I've tried everything from 0 to 100. All cars and tracks.

17. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

Yeah it doesnt really matter what setting is used.
    And you cant even say it can goes from bad to worse - because all possible WM settings are "worse". :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  18. RWB FxUK

RWB FxUK Member AMS2 Club Member

Huge thanks to Reiza for sorting this out :D

The new camera option and implementation is soooo much better and exactly what I was hoping for.

Since EA I found it hard to find the will to race because of the eye strain, but now its so much more comfortable and feels more realistic to me, especially up and down the mountain at bathurst. No more eye strain, yay!

THANK YOU!
    :hurrayreiza: :hurrayreiza: :hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 1
  19. bigpig

bigpig New Member

I tried the latest update 1.0.04. the new camera implementation seems to only work in cockpit view.
    In bumper view or bonnet view. it does not work, image still wobbles like crazy. Seems like the camera is glued to the car.

Is it possible to add the same camera logic to all views? At its current state, it is still not playable for me in bumper view.

Thank you.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

Do I need to say what view you should (or could :p) use instead?
    Think of the immersion you would get for free:D