1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS 2 in the Future ?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Oliver Augst, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Oliver Augst

Oliver Augst New Member AMS2 Club Member

Dear developers

ams2 is really GREAT, now with my 3080 it is indescribable how good it looks with the Rift.

But I'm afraid ...... Nothing happens, at least I felt it, no new content and unfortunately there is very little going on online

when does it continue?

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. TomP

TomP Active Member

3. SRS13Rastus

SRS13Rastus Member AMS2 Club Member

https://www.game-automobilista2.com

Classic Touring cars this month free to all players,
    Nurburgring (Paid for DLC). GT3/4 car pack free in October,
    Pt 1 Historical track pack (Paid forDLC). Groupd C and GT1 car packs free in November,
    Spa (Paid for DLC). Custom Championship Tool and Online player ranking system December.

Also this lot,
    "FORTHCOMING GAME MODES + FEATURES
    MULTIPLAYER RANKING SYSTEM
    Using data logged from players' activities in Multiplayer races to assess their safety, skill and experience ratings; the system will allow players to know the reputation of the drivers they're racing against, and allow hosts to adjust the level of drivers allowed so that even open servers are able to offer a higher caliber racing against like-minded opponents.

OFFICIAL EVENTS + COMPETITIONS

The introduction of the Multiplayer Ranking System will also lead Automobilista 2 to evolve as an E-Sports platform and host prize-awarding Events along with official E-Sports Championships in partnership with each officially-represented series

CUSTOM CHAMPIONSHIP TOOL

With this feature users will be able to create their own Single Player championships, defining the Classes allowed, number of opponents, rules, number of races, and their locations

CAREER MODE
    The endgame for Automobilista 2 is the most comprehensive and true-to-life career mode ever designed for a racing game, connecting the game´s incredibly vast and ever-growing ensemble of Cars and Tracks into a cohesive journey accross several decades of motorsports."

So looks like updates will becoming thick and fast and the major bits we've been clamouring for :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

They just started. It will take some time but to be honest, there is enough content to keep you from the street for a while and there is more to come.
    I feel the youth is a bit spoiled these days. Got rapidly bored and need new input. Where are the days we play weeks/months on an end to pass a few levels in pitfall. :D

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

I believe they committed to monthly updates for the rest of the year, which is fair enough.

The game isn’t quite where I want yet before I buy more DLC but it’s been coming along nicely and enjoying its development.

A few screenshots between the updates would be nice though, it has been very quiet this month (a comment on communications rather than development)

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Same here.
    I dont care for new content before most of the bugs and issues are solved.
    And furthermore the is some random unstability (crashes) both when on track - but also often when saving/loading setups - probably because the game has a lot of problems using pCars goofy encrypting and renaming/"hiding" of setup files. :rolleyes:

7. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

3080?!? By what miracle did you get your hands on one of those may I ask?
    Jelly

8. Oliver Augst

before that I also had a 1080ti and was lucky in the asus shop.
    but there is a big difference to the 1080ti

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

Lucky you with your 3080, I'll been trying everyday since launch day. Congrats.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

What are the before (1080) and after (3080) frame rates?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Oliver Augst

I have a Rift and set the graphics settings so that I can run at 90fps. Of course, you have to compromise on quality.
    With the 3080 I can go much more towards ultra and have 90fps even from 25+ cars.

A good example is Rdr2 or MSFS, they run very well in 4k

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The GT3 pack will bring AMS2 to the next level. I just hope the grid is complete so it has that immersion factor...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS 2's future is so bright that it blinds all the people who aren't racing it. You need sunglasses to see the potential of it and how good it is. If you haven't raced AMS 1 or AMS 2 you've missed out a lot. Reiza is working hard during the hardest years since decades. Their love, their passion, their commitment are on levels we did not have seen for a while in the gaming-scene. You just can't hate AMS 2 or Reiza. They are like a warm cozy cabin in a middle of nowhere. First it's scary and uneasy but with the nights that follow it grows onto you. The cabin fire, the beers, the silence and it all surrounds you like the warmth of your mother when you were a little younger.

• Like Like x 5
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. patrod

patrod New Member

Sorry, for me GT3 is bull**** :D
    DTM 90's, Group C and GT1 will bring AMS2 to the next level.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So let me get this right, what you are really saying is, 'Hey guys, I'm one of the seven people on the planet who managed to bag a 3080 last week, and I just need to tell the world about it' would that be right?

Honestly, congratulations mate, enjoy your prize, the rest of us will be following along shortly ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Oliver Augst

I'm sorry that you feel that way, that was not my intention.

even before that, i always enjoyed playing ams2, but hotlap is not always what is fun.
    I would like it to go online in the direction of iracing or acc, but unfortunately nothing is going on online now and I'm afraid the longer it takes, the harder it gets. the others don't sleep

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ed White

Ed White New Member

I also got a 3080 yesterday. Upgraded from a 1080ti.

I have a Odyssey+ and always use and don't mind reprojection (when working well). So my new settings that always allow that (w/ 12 AI) in all conditions (except night) are:

250% SteamVR SS
    AA on Med
    Everything else on ULTRA

FYI. If you manage to get one of these ensure your power supply is up to the task. I was about to RMA my card before I swaped in a new 850W to replace my 8 year old 750W. I suspect a 750W is fine and that my old PSU was just old and not very good anymore.

• Like Like x 2
  18. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

GT3 is the most popular MP class and would bring AMS2 in direct market competition with other titles.

You want a robust MP? Get GT3 hype going and some of the converts might try other cars as well.

You can list any car you want to drive in SP for fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. patrod

patrod New Member

Yeah, but i don't care about hyper assisted cars and 99% of ppeople in my league don't care too, probably a taste that comes with age.
    But i respect your point of vue, otherwise other specific GT3 sim do it better right now.

20. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I wasn't being sarcastic or mean, I'm genuinely pleased for you. I've ordered one myself and I'll be over the moon when it comes :)

• Like Like x 1