1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS 2 in the Future ?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Oliver Augst, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Rtx 3080 or 3070, I'd buy either one (when available) but, I'm lacking the savvy required to land one at this point. Sure seems like a worthy upgrade for VR too.

2. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Define ‘complete’ - Reiza said on Twitter the GT3 release will be 2-4 cars, depending on licensing (BMW, Mercedes confirmed, Porsche and one other - I guess McLaren - not yet confirmed).

3. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Its ultimately Reiza's decision of course but like it or not, GT3/4/E (GTD, GTLM, etc.) will bring more players in. If you look at the latest stats, since June 2020 the avg. number of people playing AMS2 is just over 100. Thats not a lot, even rF2 which has one of the worst online "systems" has many more and I would even go as far as to say its largely due to GT3 and Endurance packs, I myself am part of 2 rf2 leages racing those 2 classes. I love classic F1's , ASR mods are one of the best I've even seen ... but this is just more popular.

Personally, I have put AMS2 aside and without going into a lot of details, Id like to see physics fixes and online QOL first before Im willing to invest more time (and money on DLC) in this game, honestly V1.0 was a bit rushed and I hope over the next year or so, AMS2 will only become better but they still have a long way to go, risking being forgotten by many. Everything is kind of connected... we want a great online matchmaking system, safety ratings etc. but with 150 peak online players (120 of which play offline) its a bit difficult. GT3 might bring in more players but they might not stay for long without something "new" (like the online system). Its a strange circle :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Online play, what's that?:eek::)

Of late, most of my play (offline) has been in GT4 (RR / ACC) and I'd love to have that class well represented in AMS2 & rF2. rF2 has the GT3 / GTE classes mostly covered now also but, I'd still like more LMP and track-day cars in more titles.

Of course, I don't discount that some classic's are always good to experience, too.;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

I dont think you even need all the matchmaking and reputation stuff... just give people control over a public lobby they create. The public lobby system is wonderful. I really enjoy AMS2's online play, but when people come in your lobby and start causing problems you need to be able to remove them.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ranking-based matchmaking is not about punishing people who cause problems. It's meant to provide consistently close racing outside of dedicated leagues. No one wants to be in that race where two aliens leave everyone in their dust while five newbies crash in turn 1 and quit, leaving the average sim racer cruising alone for 20 minutes. Unfortunately, that is difficult to achieve unless you have the iRacing player base of thousands of brainwash... dedicated players.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Is it though? I hope you mean concept and no the current state :)
    Afaik you still cant change settings of the session unless everyone leaves which is a major annoyance (among other things).

8. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

Hahaha yeah I forgot about that!

9. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Hehe it isnt that bad brainwise. Most of iRacers are reasonable people with (somewhat) normal brains:D
    But you are completely right that if ranking based race management shall work so people only race against others with about the same rating then the sim needs thousands of participants.
    And I can tell you with some personal experience that even iRacing have ghost town series that cant even gather the minimum numbers (5-7 drivers) for a race to go official.:whistle:

ByTheWay: Its some time ago I started Raceroom up but to the best of my knowledge they still have problems with participation in their ranked races.:cool:

10. Lucas Vieira

Lucas Vieira Member

Thats the main reason that i keep my membership in iracing. The ranking system help to balance the level of the pilots at the race.

Of course, always there will be aliens in a room, but, usually, are fair races and always has some battles for positions, because no one wanna loss their safety rating.

So, if we had MP Ranking, i do believe it will estimulate the MP a little bit.

The fact the Iracing only has MP races with fixed time, and you will lost rating if did not finished(if u disconnnect or something), make their players to be more loyal to finished the race. Rating is like a drug, you always want more.

11. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I imagine AMS2’s rating system will be similar to PC2. A safety and a speed rating.

Whats most important is the logic that issues contact penalties.

12. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

With the new update I saw a lot of people stopping their car (BMW or Merc) on track (on the race line) to quit. But...It was a lot busier than the weeks before.

13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Yes, I wonder do any of the ranking systems in other games penalize this horrible behaviour? If so, we can gather examples for Reiza in case they forgot this was a too-common occurrence.