Z1 Dashboard

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Links & Resources' started by Russell Hodgson, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Russell Hodgson

Russell Hodgson Active Member

We are looking into this. It should be soon. We just want to make sure the API for the sim is stable before release.

2. zaphod

zaphod Zaphod Christiani AMS2 Club Member

cool and thanks for the info ... looking already forward

3. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Amy news on the subject?

4. Russell Hodgson

Here is a sneak peek at one big feature we are working on for the next version of the Z1 Dashboard. It is the ability to use The Z1 with your phone or tablet. (Note the video is showing the beta functionality, so some things may change before release.)

• Like Like x 4
  5. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

As said on the RRRE forum, looking foreword to step in. Always wanted this on my tablet. is there a minimum Android/IOS version to be able to use it?

6. Russell Hodgson

As long as you have a browser on your phone it will work.

7. Russell Hodgson

Version 2020.3 of the Z1 Dashboard is now available! With this version you can now stream the Z1 Dashboard display to any web browser. This allows you to use your iPhone, iPad, Android phone/tablet, or any other device with a web browser as a display for the Dashboard.

The Z1 Dashboard streamed to your phone.
    [​IMG]

In addition to this new feature there are several new dashboards, and 12 new data channels that are now being recorded in telemetry files for analysis in the Z1 Analyzer.

The Corvette C8R Dash
    [​IMG]

The LMP2 Dash 1
    [​IMG]

The LMP Dash 2
    [​IMG]

The LMP Dash 3
    [​IMG]

The LMP Pit Dash
    [​IMG]

Existing users can download the new version here:
    Z1 Dashboard | My Dashboard

New users can get the demo here:
    Z1 Dashboard

Here is the full list of release notes:
    * Four new dashboards: LMP2 Dash 1, 2 and 3, and LMP2 Pit Dash.

* New dashboard: For the Corvette C8R.

* Web Streaming. This allows you to stream the display of the Z1 Dashboard to a browser on your local network. This would include another laptop, tablet, iPad, iPhone, Android, etc. As long as the device has a browser and is connected to your local network it can be used as a display. (Note at this time only one browser window can be connected at one time.)

To set up web streaming go to the Network tab in the Z1 Dashboard's settings dialog. There is a checkbox called 'Enable Web Streaming'. This must be checked to enable web streaming. It is disabled by default. Underneath that are two text fields. The first is for the IP Address and the second is the the port. You can use the defaults, or adjust them as necessary to suit your system. To the right of those text boxes is the URL that you would enter in to your browser to connect to the web stream. If you enable or disable web streaming or make changes to the IP or port you must click OK on the settings dialog and then restart the Z1 Dashboard for these changes to take effect.

Make sure that the selected port is not being used by another process or is not being blocked by a firewall.

You can also set the desired frame rate for the stream. The higher the frame rate the more bandwidth will be used by the web stream. The default is 30 FPS.

The smoothness of the stream is dependent on your network speed and the device being used. As always we recommend a wired connection where possible.

The final option is 'Set resolution automatically'. If you select this then the resolution of the display will be set to 272x480 pixels. This works well on phones due to their smaller screen size. Note the resolution of the display within the browser is based off the current size of the Z1 Dashboard window on your PC. The larger the window the higher the resolution, and the more bandwidth required. So to increase the resolution, simply resize the Z1 Dashboard application window on the PC until you get the appropriate resolution on the browser. The browser will update the resolution automatically as you resize the Z1 Dashboard application window. If you are having bandwidth or lag issues we suggest resizing the Z1 Dashboard window to be smaller to reduce the resolution of the image being sent.

If you want the browser to go to full screen, you can do so by clicking/tapping anywhere on the Z1 display within your browser.

Finally note that the web stream is not compatible with the Z1 LCD Screen. If you are using that screen the the web stream is not active.

* The Z1 Dashboard is now compatible with Codemasters F1 2020. You can select this sim in the Network tab under the Codemasters drop down. As always, broadcast mode is also suported. Selecting F1 2020 BC will allow the Z1 Dashboard to connect when broadcast mode is being used.

* Wheel RPS has been added to rFactor, Game Stock Car, ARCA and Automobilista.

* 12 new data channels are available for sims where they are supported: tire load, lateral tire force, longitudinal tire force, tire contact patch sliding percentage, suspension force, front ride height, rear ride height, front wing height, drag, front downforce, rear downforce, oil level. These data channels are available to use when importing external data as well.

* Improved how live telemetry recognizes Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Competizione to make it easier to connect to those sims.

* Updates to the internal architecture of the Z1 Dashboard to allow for non-English characters to be used in various ways in the future.

* Brake pressure is now read from rFactor 2. Note that rFactor 2 outputs brake pressure as a percentage (0.0 - 1.0). So it won't be bar or psi, etc, but rather a percentage of total pressure. You'll be able to see how the four brakes are working with respect to each other. But you won't get the actual pressure values in each brake line.

Download the demo today:
    Z1 Dashboard

8. Bull Shark

Just wanna try the demo version for use with my Android tablet. When I enable web streaming, you tell, restart the application. When I restart the app, the web streaming is disabled again.
    How can I test the demo? I gave the application an allow rule in the firewall.:eek:

9. Russell Hodgson

Does it save any settings? It could be there is a permission issue on the documents folder.

10. Bull Shark

No it does not. I have full admin access on the Z1Dasboard folder in my documents. But still get the warning as seen underneath. I also added a rule to the firewall for inbound access.
    I run the standard edition and choose Run Demo.

20200929_193612.jpg

11. Bull Shark

Could it be it has something to do with the demo mode? That it does not write to files because it is a demo? Is the demo tested by others without any problem? I would love to buy the software now I can use my tablet but If it does not work on my system it is a waste of money of course.
    On my side I do not see any problems. Firewall is ok, full permissions on file and folders.

12. Russell Hodgson

We have identified a bug that can cause this and are working on a fix. It should be available today or tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bull Shark

Yeah we talked about it via a Email. Thanks. :D

14. Russell Hodgson

We've put out version 2020.3.1 of the Z1 Dashboard. This contains a bug fix for an issue that could prevent the settings from being saved.

Existing users can get the update here:

New users can download the demo here:
    Z1 Dashboard

• Like Like x 2
  15. Russell Hodgson

The Z1 Server UDP feed has been tweaked in version 2020.3. We've added several data channels to it.

For all those who use it in their applications, you can view the updated UDP structure here: Z1 Server | UDP Data

16. Russell Hodgson

We've released version 2020.3.2 of the Z1 Dashboard.

This fixes a bug that prevented the Project Cars drop down from being displayed in the Network settings tab.
    [​IMG]

New users can download the demo here:
    Z1 Dashboard

17. Russell Hodgson

Version 2020.3 of the Z1 Dashboard introduces the ability to use your iPhone, iPad, Android phone, tablet or any device with a browser as a display.

Setting it up is easy! Watch the video to see how it is done.

Introduction: 0:05
    Setting up Web Streaming: 1:19
    Connecting Your Browser to the Web Stream: 3:55
    Browser Resolution and Full Screen Options: 5:01
    Network Tips: 6:36

Download the demo today:
    Z1 Dashboard

• Like Like x 1
  18. zaphod

zaphod Zaphod Christiani AMS2 Club Member

also with the latest version I'll get the "Car Settings Error: Cannot Parse Settings File ..."
    which is quiet annoying because all the settings cannot be saved nor applied! Permissions look right for the folder.
    Any workarounds or fixes in sight? Thanks!

Z1_CannotParseSettingsFile01.jpg

19. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I always have that....

20. Russell Hodgson

We've just release version 2020.3.3 of the Z1 Dashboard. This includes some bug fixes:

* Fixed a bug that could prevent the Dashboard from finding laps when using the Telemetry option in iRacing.

* Fixed a bug with the Z1 Server that could prevent the web stream from updating the sim, track and car from 'Waiting' to the appropriate values.

* Fixed a bug with the Z1 Server that could cause it to disconnect form the web stream.

[​IMG]

New users can get the demo here:
    Z1 Dashboard