1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is a 2:11.xx possible at Bathurst with stock car 2020?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by LugNut, Sep 27, 2020.

1. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,
    Basicly title says all.
    Just wondering, but I could just be terrible with that car/track.
    Thanks

2. ChuckieG

ChuckieG New Member

Haven't tried the combo myself, but you can view the fastest times people have posted in Time Trials mode.

3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

2:10's should be achievable with time to learn the car and a good setup ;) This was with a tune by me (not good at setups) and 10 laps. 20200928175114_1.jpg

4. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,
    Silly me...I should have just checked the TT board. 2.09s at the top there.
    Thanks for responding 2last Jedi.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pieter Nienhuis

Pieter Nienhuis Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Seems like a nice combo, will have to try it

6. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

It is very good...although any high powered car at Bathurst is good!!! Not as quick as Super V8, but slightly easier to drive, I think.

7. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

TT mode is great for benchmarks, but I will also say that the track conditions are "ideal" in TT mode. You'll have a tough time beating them in a race or practice session for that reason and others. So if you do a race or a test day and have a hard time hitting the TT mode top laps, dont beat yourself up too much. ;)

8. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Principally you are right - principally.:D
    Because to the contrary of all other racing games with similiar TT mode then the tire temp and therefore the grip changes in AMS2 from lap 1 and further.
    So if you havent set your fastest laptime within the first 2-4 laps then its better to start the whole TT session all over again.
    Because the tires (temps) get more and more trashed as you do more laps.;)

ByTheWay: This isnt a problem if you are satisfied with a position lower down on the LB lists but if you have other ambitions then its a problem.:cool:

9. InfernalVortex

All my best laps are one of the first two.

10. BrunoB

Yeah I have no statistics to back it up but some of the laps where I on the TT LB without understanding why was extremely fast have been on lap one.:confused:
    So maybe I should have mentioned that above when I said "So if you havent set your fastest laptime within the first 2-4 laps".:p
    There is something weird going on on lap one - eventhough the track should be completely "green" and the tires too cold to function optimally.:)

11. InfernalVortex

Lap 1 has tires warm, and track rubbered in at temperature already on purpose.

12. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This not true for me, the longer the race the faster i am, i think it is about rubbering in the track, most online races are to short to reach that point, but 20+ laps in single player makes the track fast.

I agree when it comes to time trial

• Like Like x 1
  13. BrunoB

Maybe you are right about this - But Im not completely sure.
    But it could be interesting if someone posted the tire telemetry temperature from as example the first 3 laps in TT.
    The reason for my hesitance is that when I have been watching the colour of the tires (F-Reiza) then they are often completely blue (cold) on the first 1-2 laps.

ByTheWay: I have not installed any telemetry thingie - because I only WANT to play with the real MoteC. Which is not supported by AMS2 - at the moment :(

14. InfernalVortex

That sounds like a weird issue with the F-Reiza, I've never seen a tire in TT mode that started in any color other than green. Usually they all sit right around 90 degrees.

15. BrunoB

Hahaha. My fault.:eek:
    Before we start some colour discussion up I didnt mean "blue" but like you say green.:rolleyes:
    Bummer:confused:
    But what I mean is that without some telemetry "proof" about the starting temp then Im not fully sure the tires at start are warmed to optimal temp.
    I could ofcourse be wrong but hopefully someone with one of the telemetry tools can prove/disprove this.

Hahaha. Blue - oh boy:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1