1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just tried Bass Shakers on my humble rig for the first time.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SwaggerJacker, Apr 8, 2020.

1. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For the full effect, make sure your buttkickers are telemetry driven not sound level driven (transmission shifts, specific wheel suspension, etc...). Look into Simtools/SimVibe, Sim Racing Studio or SimExperience. They are addictive, I now have 6 buttkickers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. JASON CHAMBERLAIN

JASON CHAMBERLAIN Member

Not Simhub like in the video? Or is that included in one of those you listed? There's a lot of stuff with "Sim" in its name.

3. JASON CHAMBERLAIN

JASON CHAMBERLAIN Member

I went with Simhub, 2 Daytona pucks, and an amp very similar to the one in the video. The only thing I don't like is that I have my wheel, shifter, and amp all connected to a USB hub that then connects to another USB hub (one that I can turn off individual ports so my wheel doesn't keep running). When I start everything up I have to do an extra disconnect/reconnect of the amp. That's a first-world problem if there ever was one.

This was a very well-spent $80. The pucks are stuck in the webbing on the bottom of my seat. They provide a wonderful feeling with the engine, shifting, and the road. This is all combined with VR. I really am enjoying this.

4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Simhub is great and has a "Shakeit" section just for this purpose. Everything from road feel to kerbs and engine, brake lock up and wheel spin and more is adjustable all from the game telemetry.
    So worth the time setting it up and there is a free version (I'm not sure what that limits as I have the paid version $10 only). I use a single Buttkicker mini concert and can't race without it.
    It does make some noise but hardly able to be heard from the next room even with the door open

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

+1000 for simhub software ease of use and tremendous capabilities from shakeit tab

I have now 6 dayton pucks driven by 3 100w pocket size Nobsound amps and its great

2 pucks in back of my playseat, 2 pucks underneath and finally 2 close to my pedals. For something like 150bucks it really adds to the immersion

There is thread on RD run by a guy called Mr Latte its amazing the level of advice you can get there and what some people achieved with tactile feedback

I could not drive without it ON on my rig

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Same for me. Just 1 underneat my seat. Can’t do without anymore. Racing without it feels lifeless

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

I didn't know about these Dayton Audio TT25 bass shakers, always thought tactile would be too tricky to fit onto my humble modified Playseat Challenge. :p But these things are tiny - I've simply encased 4 of them into cutouts in some foam and fitted under the seat and in the backrest and it works much better than I imagined it ever could. Because they are so near to my body I've actually had to drastically lower the levels from where I thought they'd need to be.

Running them with SimHub from my motherboard audio card as that doesn't get used on my setup so was sitting spare (configured quadrophonic and mapped to the 4 car corners) begging to be used. Powered the four little pucks by this brilliant and equally tiny 4 channel amp
    [​IMG]
    I'm amazed at how great it all feels - managed to get it dialled in pretty well already and the immersion in VR has taken another leap. I already got pretty strong tactile feedback through my seat from the wheel but having these little shakers working in concert with that and tuned to the four corners of the car not only feels brilliant but is also really helpful. Loving it!

All done for £130. (Edited because I can't count!)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. JASON CHAMBERLAIN

JASON CHAMBERLAIN Member

I paid for the full version of Simhub. Worth every penny.

I have the 2 pucks jammed in the webbing under my seat and love it. I may try to do something under the pedals, but I'm not sure how I'd attach them. The nice thing with having them under my seat is that they don't annoy my wife who is in the same room watching TV while I sit there with a VR headset and earbuds.

It definitely adds to the immersion. Thanks all for the tips!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Vincent Raicovi

Vincent Raicovi New Member

Sorry to revive an older thread, but there was some great conversation here and you guys seemed like the best group to ask.

I've been trying to decide between the Dayton TT25-8 and BST-1. I have a fairly beefy rig (RigMetal - Low cost sim rig chassis) and was thinking of starting out with one on each corner for a total of 4.

Also, do you mount the shaker/transducer directly to the rig? Do you use their spacer?

What do you guys think?

10. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

To get another level of immersion, make sure your bass shakers are driven by the telemetry of the car not just by audio signal. I recommend Sim Racing Studio, which also offer motion control for sim rigs.

11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have four if the BST-1 and have essentially one on each corner. Left right under pedals and left right attached to underside of seat. I think if you attach the the actual framework of the rig it will absorb some of the vibrations and you won't get the full effect.
    The BST-1 give a good sensation, not overly powerful but not crap either. I have to run the ones under the pedals at a higher gain / volume as my simlab P1 rig absorbs some of the effects

I run it through simvibe and it is very tunable. I tried simhub and that gave them more kick but the gear change effect was horrible, very loud, sounded like my rig was screaming and I could not dial it out.

12. Vincent Raicovi

Vincent Raicovi New Member

Thank you @VFX Pro and @F1Aussie. I had been planning on using SimHub and you both gave me great alternatives.

I'm going to connect the 4 BST-1 as you suggested @F1Aussie and then try each piece of software out and judge them by seat-of-the-pants feel.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Was wondering if basshakers do loosen the bolts of the nuts in a 80/20-rig. Is it a thing?

14. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

My single Buttkicker Concert hasn't loosened up my GT Ultimate after a year of heavy use.

• Like Like x 2
  15. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have wondered something similar but I recently changed my seat and the rails beneath it were tight as after 18 months of use.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. blueferrari

blueferrari Member

Yeah, so did I! It's life changing! I can't believe I put off buying one for so long. I'm using SimHub with a separate sound card and it's amazing dialing in the settings. Well worth it.

I bolted an Aura Bass shaker under my Payseat F1 seat, which is metal and it works great.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Same for me.. when I forget to turn it on It feels like listing to music without sound. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Marlyg

Marlyg New Member

Hi. Raising an old post here but I have 2 of those amps and 4 pucks and when I enable both cards under sound devices only one of the amps works. They are are assigned custom with the relevent effect for each and the effects enabled. If I disable either one and click test I get feedback but as soon as I enable both one will no longer give output when clicking test or in game. Any suggestion?
    Thanks glen

19. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Do you need one amp per puck?

20. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

These amps are stereo ones so yes you need one amp per puck

@Marlyg
    I never had this problem
    Are the amps connected via usb to your PC?

This is how they are for me and windows as well as simhub recognize them as sound device automatically

I can set them behaving specifically in simhub and output works when the 3 i have are connected

I will post a snapshot of windows sound devices and simhub settings if that help

Last edited: May 15, 2021