1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reiza 2017 without Modding support?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JuergenBY, Aug 9, 2016.

1. JuergenBY

JuergenBY Active Member AMS2 Club Member

2. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Yes...and No...
    Reiza will not give us any modding support or tools but this doesn't mean we can't mod the actual or future sim. There a lot of games without modding support but heavy modded by users...so...don't panic!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 3
  3. xnorb

xnorb Active Member AMS2 Club Member

We'll have to see what exactly is going to happen with Reiza17, but "modding support" means that you're offering convinient ways to add mods via a GUI, auto-downloading of mods from servers, automatic update of mods, support for modders, documentation, and so on.

That's something Reiza can't and isn't allowed to offer.

We could still end up with a sim that isn't moddable at all (except ways that are basically reverse engineering and "hacking" of available content), but that's down to Reiza and how Reiza17 will be designed.

4. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

We have hope, depends wich game engine they will use for future titles.
    Fingers crossed for UE4 and Vulkan...

5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope they'll keep same file structure as now (graphic and physic) and won't put obstacles to modding. As good as Reiza content is modding helps to sell a bit more. And honestly something known and easily modable as isimotor 2.0 (if they don't change anything) + current features + weather + UE4... instant success in the modding community IMO

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. PATR10T

PATR10T Boss from european endurance center :) AMS2 Club Member

for users it will be an easy decision, if someone wants mods hes using the game what you can mod... if you are one of the poeples who dont care for it you will buy it anyway... best example is gtr2 even 10 years after it has a huge community and mods for it pop up every day, its still a full success... the community makes the game a success or a flop ;) if you want to sell a game and want people to play with it you will make it moddable, anyway if you give any support to it or not, just make it open that people can add stuff...
    my opinion...
    what i will do after ams i dont know, maybe stay on ams if i cant mod reiza17, maybe move to another game... but something i already know that i wont buy a game what i cant mod :D another thing i know that the drivers on eec will follow me, maybe not all but the most... we have up to 30 people who did the step from gtr2 to sce with me and also now to ams ;)

i hope reiza wont make a closed game next year as i feel great beeing a part of its community, i like the reiza guys a lot as they are always friendly and and always ask what we think and we want and i hope this will go on for the next years :)

7. xnorb

xnorb Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza wouldn't be who and where they are without a racing sim that's moddable.
    With that background it would be really disturbing if they wouldn't enable the community to add their own content to the upcoming game. But in the end it's all down to resources.

8. Will Mazeo

Same here, on the other hand I consider RR and iRacing business model pretty good, but price is a bit too high for me at this moment (and RR packs in Steam sucks, you are forced to buy stuff twice :rolleyes:) . If Reiza could offer something similar for a better price even without modding could be a good thing. But as a online racer they have to offer mainstream content otherwise people won't drive it, without people to drive I'm out too :p (that's where modding helps a dev)

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. JuergenBY

same to me, modding becomes more and more important (for me) in the whole simracing hobby

10. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Stock games content are becoming so good with plenty of content that mods aren't necessarily important anymore. Sure they are great and provide a decent community aspect, but just take a look at the huge amount of content the devs give us from the start, more than many people have time for without mods!

Of course I'm not saying we shouldn't have any for the next sim, just that in the long run it's not overly important as maybe it was years ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. CCKaren

CCKaren Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Wait, no you're not? Not to derail this but you don't have to buy the steam pack if you've already bought it in the Raceroom store.

12. Frodesa

Frodesa Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS not having modsupport is part of the legal arrangement with ISI. ISI dont want competiton for Rf2.

13. mmaruda

mmaruda Member AMS2 Club Member

Competition for RF2... That is funny. RF2 does not have any competition. ISI is doing everything to stay clear of competing with any other sim out there.

14. Will Mazeo

As a Brazilian Steam is the best way to buy RR so there it sucks. They should at least make it like buying credits via Steam and spending it in their site, would be nice.

15. gongo

gongo Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

-

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 4
  16. PATR10T

PATR10T Boss from european endurance center :) AMS2 Club Member

Ah now I got it... that must be the reason why I can't find any mods for ams... I searched a lot without any success... o_O

17. JuergenBY

18. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I am a big gMotor2/ISIMotor2 fan, but lets be honest - most sim racers have already moved onto newer platforms

19. Will Mazeo

If next Reiza sim is AMS as it is now + UE4 + weather + save race, you'll see them coming back to the "old" platform ;) and I'm pretty sure a lot of old modders would love to see this happening

20. CCKaren

CCKaren Active Member AMS2 Club Member

A full engine change also wouldn't stop the vast majority of mods being conversions of rFactor mods, just look at most of the most released for Assetto Corsa. There's a handful of good scratch built tracks and some mod groups doing good car work but most of it is rF1 conversions of varying quality.