1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.4.0 Update Released, now updated to v1.0.4.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 3, 2020.

1. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I suspect Reiza are a bit restricted. No one knows what FIA Class 1 is. I'm guessing they can't describe them as DTM for licensing reasons. The DTM cars are based on Group A cars and are referred to as Group A in other titles.

Edit: just checked and Class 1 was introduced in 1993. The DTM BMW and Mercedes both had abs prior to 1993, so they are not necessarily Class 1. Modified Group A might be more accurate.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. patrod

patrod New Member

It's not that important, have fun with these cars, i won't but it's not relevant.;)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, the new "Head Movement" function isn't for us VR users? It only shows up when I start the game in 2D mode. In VR it's still the old World Movement settings, with no option to switch to and from the legacy mode. Is this intentional or a bug?

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Think of it as being like a magician passing his hands over a beautiful lady in order to perform magical transformations :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. virpi32

virpi32 New Member

Any ETA for custom championships? I really love the new update but I also really want to create custom championships. They used to be my favourite feature in AMS1.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

As stated in the development roadmap custom championship isn't due until December update .
    Can't wait for this also .

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. virpi32

virpi32 New Member

Ah thanks, I should have thought of the roadmap.

• Like Like x 1
  8. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

I've been going back and forth between the regular and SteamVR version (for TrackIR) and indeed it seems like the new function isn't enabled for VR mode yet. :(

I tried bumpy combinations like Hockenheim '88 with F-Classic Gen1, F-V10 Gen1 and F-Ultimate as well as Brands Hatch GP with the F-V10 Gen1 and F-Ultimate.

The new head movement gives me a decent experience between ~35-50, although the cockpit still jumps around like crazy even at 100 (or 0, for that matter!) for some reason. With my eyes being focused on the track it feels much smoother now.

When using TrackIR, however, it's still the same old crazy bumpy vomit-inducing experience that has stopped me from playing AMS2 in a long time. So I hope that along with further refinements to the new head movement system it will be ported over to VR mode sooner rather than later (as well as allowing change of those options in VR mode, which is currently locked).

That being said, there is IMHO still a fundamental flaw in the design of the option; this being the fact that is is based around locking the view to the horizon, which should NOT be the case (unless explicitly enabled by users, of course). Instead it should work like a filter for large, quick (vertical) changes in view angle, essentialy 'smoothing' the view (with the exception of user input, i.e. VR or head-tracking). Having the view fixed to the horizon should be a separate option regardless of said view filtering.

As for the new content I've only had a short ride in the modern Mini and its a lot of fun. Will also try the new tracks and cars as soon as possible, though it may have to wait until head movement is fixed for VR as well (as I find the old system to be headache-inducing and borderline unusable).

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

*Jedi Mind Trick*
    This isn't the post you are looking for.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Apex

Apex Active Member

Good stuff!

The F-Retros feel a lot more broken-in, and the AI seems a bit faster and smoother in them too.

It's a bit annoying though that the AI still picks the same livery as the player. I hope that'll be fixed soon. It upsets my otherwise rather persistent and forgiving suspension of disbelief.

:)

11. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

From the 1.4.0 release log -
    • Removed Legacy Head Movement Option when using VR/Headtracking (VR always uses legacy mode)

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It means taking another look, another try, additional revision...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Well that's incredibly disappointing. Is AMS 2 going to be another sim that doesn't really care about VR users?

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Great Ape

Great Ape Member

Really enjoying the Mini Challenge, one of the better driving experiences.

One thing, I've disabled flags and penalties but on Track-Days cut tracks still invalidate the lap, or worse the next lap and those of your descendants; shouldn't 'Flags and Penalties - Off' remove that?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nice update, one thing had this fixed the scripted ai starts?

16. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

Thank you for keeping the Legacy possibility Reiza.:)
    I tried the new HM in both min-max-mid setting and because of a nearing headache I had to return to HM 0(zero) and Legacy ON.
    This is absolutely not an optimal solution (compared to as example Raceroom) but until Reiza is able to hack the Madness engine better this is my prefered solution.o_O

ByTheWay: Checking all the lines in the Update Notes Im glad it still looks like Reiza take this AMS2 project serious.

17. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

I really like the new BMW. In VR and on my triple pancake. :D
    A lot of fun to drive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it just me or do reflections look better in this update? Have only tried the modern mini and the Mercedes so far though.
    But they look less "plasticy" than the original cars in the game.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

They are a small team. There is only so much they can do each month. Give them time, trust them to come good (or as good as possible) to everyone. Just gotta be patient.

• Agree Agree x 6
  20. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Thanks, but I've been around long enough to know who Reiza are and what they're about. I've used that exact argument myself when others have complained about ongoing issues with this sim.

However, the "small team" argument only goes so far. If issues have existed long enough then it starts to get stale. Dodgy view movement has been an issue literally since day one, and that was a long time ago now. Even if this new feature fixes it for monitor users, it doesn't for VR or TrackIR, and it would be nice to why it hasn't been implemented.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1