1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiplayer Collision Issues

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by GuiltySpark704, Apr 10, 2020.

1. GuiltySpark704

GuiltySpark704 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello All,

I've been having issues with colliding with other players online when I feel like I didn't make contact. I saw a video where someone else had the same issue and I've seen others commenting about having the same issue. Does anyone know if this is being actively worked on? Makes me feel awful when I wreck other drivers, I'm not the fastest driver but I do like to think I'm a clean one.

New to the AMS series but loving it otherwise! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Michno

Michno New Member

They talked about this being fixed once the dedicated server update hits (Time of this update is still unknown)

You are right tho ^^ it's the only aspect holding me back from doing daily karting races haha ^^

• Like Like x 1
  3. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Member AMS2 Club Member

Do we know if this was "fixed" - i use the term lightly as i experience this issue in the game as a whole

4. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Hey guys - be aware Im not defending anything here.
    But this MP issue is a mandatory part of playing online.
    Its a general socalled "netcode issue" caused by the time lag/delay between all users online.
    Its an issue for all games with a MP part.
    But ofcourse Reiza needs to be working on this to minimize the consequenses.
    And they (probably) are allready. ;)
    Even iRacing who more or less are existing on being able to offer good MP gaming have this issue in certain situations.

ByTheWay: An indication that this is basically an unsolvable issue is that all MP gaming netcode have an inbuild socalled predicting (guessing :cool:) algoritm. Because the main program/game never precisely know where (in this case ) the individual cars are positioned relative to each other.
    So the predicting part of the netcode has to guess as example did these 2 cars touch or not?o_O

5. Juan Reinoso

Juan Reinoso Doctor SimRacing AMS2 Club Member

This is the most game breaker issue of this game and the answer to why nobody is playing it online, unfortunately fixing this problem isn't a priority for developers

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Addendum: Be aware that my answer is a general one saying that you cant get away completely with this issue.
    But since I have never played AMS2 in MP mode I dont know if this game is worse than the competition.
    And if it is then its pretty lousy because this should have much higher priority than what cars and tracks is next.:rolleyes:
    IF it actually is worse...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Member AMS2 Club Member

In my humble opinion, it is the worst of ACC, RRE & Pcars2

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Kevin Cox

Kevin Cox Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I did some experiments not long ago where I tried to pit manoeuvre someone driving the Ginetta GT4.

His car was rock solid and I couldn't budge him. I then went in front of him and rolled slowly to in neutral and he tried pushing me. Even on full throttle he couldn't and we eventually came to a stop. I was still in neutral and had no brake applied. ??????????

Netcode needs a serious we-work.