1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.4.0 Update Released, now updated to v1.0.4.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 3, 2020.

1. kodnin

kodnin Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You now know they are looking into it. You can't solve all issues at the same time, nor are all issues equally prioritized. You could've asked that question instead. "Reiza, are VR issues also going to be addressed now you're looking into view movement?"

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Thanks for the great work. Where other simulators can't do it in years Reiza does it in months. Please don't you think we're getting too picky? Everyone's world is not everyone's world. If the developers were to listen to all the users who say they change here and there, my God.
    I no longer participate in 3d for bug reports, because the dialectic often changes into contempt, dramatic situations of frustration, and people crying in the shower.
    Those situations where you meet people in a bar and they start behaving in a way that is a little too emotional.

A - I have problems with my wife ..
    B - Why don't you cut off his head and hide it in the trunk?

Wtf people!

Muito obrigado Reiza!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Loving the M1 Procar and the modern Mini Cooper. The older Mini doesn't quite capture the go kart handling that I remember, but it's still a lot of fun

4. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

The Group A need a lot of work as yet. Very strange overall feel, physics wise in the 190, especially under braking and accelerating.
    The sound seems to be broken too and is very 'Computer' with a horrible noise at redline. Also seems to be missing 6th gear unless it's an < 1989 spec car?

The E30 is better physics wise but has an unbalanced 3rd gear ratio, and the shift light is out of sync.

I hope they'll be improved as they usually tend to be my fave cars.
    The modern Mini seems to drive quite well, as does the M1, although it doesn't seem to have much room for transferring the weight around.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. jon62700

jon62700 New Member

Good afternoon,

it look like so beautiful and great job
    I have a question please, how can i dowload this update please ?

Thanks for reply

6. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Please turn off the motion telemetry during replays!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Could be worse, rf2 has issues that have gone unaddressed for years even though people report them and the Devs are aware of them.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That is very sad news indeed, I can't think of one good thing that has happened in 2020!!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  9. Apex

Apex Active Member

Why would they not - we're their customers!

I get annoyed too, and sometimes in a no filter sort of internet-ish way, over this and that feature, the odd bug and even petty things. But then I remind myself that we live in a golden age of race sims, and ASM2 is yet another land flowing with milk and honey. We've only just started this journey, and there's so much already to enjoy.

In contrast, when I got into race simming/gaming in the mid 90s, a title would typically include one car and some tracks, and that was it - no updates, ever. Just to put things into perspective.

There are two ways we can contribute to improve things, and that is by buying as much as we can justify, and by politely and accurately make the dev team aware of what we perceive as shortcommings with the product.

:)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

? What is wrong with the current VR implementation? IMHO Pcars and AMS2 are the best racegames VR wise. :D

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  11. VFX Pro

I cannot re-iterate how badly we need a cockpit camera position saved per car. Better yet, 2 camera positions for each car, 1 for 2D monitors and 1 for VR! Switching between cars and having to click on "move seat backward" 30 times is annoying. Actually, during early betas, we were able to even hold the seat positions buttons for as long as we needed (backward and forward) buttons.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, consider that my parents, their parents and all before them, didn't have the opportunity to experience this level of technology, and all of the experiences that come with it like we do today. It really is quite amazing when we adjust our perspective a bit.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

You can still do that, just hit ctrl+k while in car.

Fully agreed with the need of save view per car.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

First off, I am very happy with the direction of the game and the constant improvements being made. That said, this is hopefully one of the things at the front of the queue to be addressed.

Not complaining, just hoping

• Like Like x 1
  15. VFX Pro

CTRL-K doesn't do anything for me while in the car. What is that command supposed to do? It is a mappable command? What is the name of the command?

16. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

It's not VR implementation as whole, because AMS 2 does indeed look great and runs very well even on my mid-range rig. The issue is the camera shake. It's not as pronounced in VR as it was in 2D mode, but try driving a F-V12 at historic Hockenheimring to see the issue at it's worst!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

Hit ctrl+k and then move the cam with wasd, or what ever keys you've set for moving it.

Ctrl+k is a key combo to change camera movement mode in all madness engine games.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Kiryu

Kiryu Member

I really love this game but for the love of god, please fix the audio issues...or at least recognize them.

Some cars have horrible popping and crackling, just take a listen at this (not my video)

You can cleary hear it, even in gameplay videos and this is a brand new car...

I even avoid specific cars because of that reason and i don't understand how this can pass QA honestly, there is clearly something wrong, either with the sound samples or the audio engine.

The cars drive great and the game is getting really good but this is killing my enjoyment (at least a litte) :(

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 7
  19. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

No pleasing some people lmao, obviously got serious issues....
    Loving the update, game drives sooo much better in all cars not just the DLC added.
    Braking is better/differentials are better and the transition is a lot more natural.
    Don't see any issues with the camera, must be a user issue, yes the new motion isn't to my taste but you can revert back to the old.
    And if your camera is shaking you can stop that with 100 movement/0 G force.
    Game is coming along very nicely, especially on the physics side.
    Keep up the good work Reiza :hurrayreiza:

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Kiryu

Kiryu Member

Sorry, didn't know that criticism is not allowed.

Not my problem if you don't care for good sound, i find it immersion breaking.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2