1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't get track map in hud !

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Johngrim64, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Johngrim64

Johngrim64 Member AMS2 Club Member

Am I just stupid! I Can't get track map in hud ?

2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Gameplay > Display > Toggle on > Show Trackmap
    and/or
    Go onto the track > Press ESC > Press Edit Hud > Go to right topcorner > Switch on Trackmap

If this doesn't help:
    Controls > Edit Assignments > Bind Toggle Hud view > Go on track > Press button to circle hud see if Trackmap is there.

At last:
    Gameplay > Display > Hud: Full - Light - None - Telemetry > Toggle Full > Go onto track > Have fun.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Johngrim64

Johngrim64 Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks Iv tried all except the first one under gameplay Iv missed that one somehow .I will look when I'm home from work.I don't use track map but my wife wanted a go and wanted to see where the track went without first learning the track

4. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The best advice I can give your wife is to drive the track slow a few laps. Then increase the speed every lap. So your wife will remember the track. It's better than using the trackmap. :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Yeah agree with @Marius H.
    I have sometimes tried myself to use the map to learn a new track.
    But its complete waste of time because your attention is devided up between map and track.
    Its much better to as @Marius H says drive slowly until you (or she :D) know the track (somewhat).

ByTheWay: Or let her start with one of the "ovals" in AMS2. Because they are easier to learn:D

6. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The trackmap is helpful in qualifying to see who may be on a hotlap and coming up quickly so you can get out of the way.

and its very helpful to learn tracks because you can see what typeof corner it is beforehand (slow/med/fast). This helps you pick up brake points faster.

Most people arent track memorizing cyborgs.

7. Pacchia

Pacchia Member

Another question: is there to option to have a "RF2" style bar that shows comparison against your best time, in real time?

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I miss the AMS 1 map for those reasons. Can't wait until we have a good map option in AMS 2--the current one is so useless I have it turned off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Already in the game since release--but it may be turned off in your HUD. You can set it to compare your best lap, or last lap or your potential best lap, if I recall. I just leave mine set on best/fastest lap.

10. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I guess it works like intended in practice and qualy (race?) but in LB mode (TT) its more or less useless.
    Because it does only show/compare against your fastest lap in current session.:mad:
    So if you in TT mode want to save/rename a setup and maybe have a go again you have to start a new session - and therefore you cannot compare against your fastest laptime - because the game consider this is from another session.

ByTheWay: The problem is actually the idiotic solution that you cannot edit or save/rename a setup if you have been on track in LB mode.:rolleyes: