1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

I use 76/25/50 on default profile and feels great imo. On the wheel I have Drift -2 and FEI 50, everything else 100.

2. RzR

RzR New Member

Hi, i play with a Logitech G29, the steering feels weightless for me anywhere close to center position,
    only when i turn the wheel for about 10-15 degrees i start to feel the weight of the wheels but anything between that feels very light. deadzone was of course 0 by default, did i miss something?

3. dburne

dburne New Member

Yeah I just recently got this game and a new G29 wheel setup, and have the same experience.

4. TomP

TomP Active Member

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. dburne

dburne New Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. TomP

TomP Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. dburne

dburne New Member

8. dburne

dburne New Member

Much better thank you!

9. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Member AMS2 Club Member

Good Morning, can you please recommend a decent setup for TS-PC ?
    Ideally , an informative FFB similar to RF2.

Cheers

10. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Good morning to you too. :) I'd recommend you to try the Silver Raw 6.6.5.9.9.9.9 - Momentum Rack 4.4 (September 13 2020) "High end" custom FFB file. You can download it from here:

https://forum.reizastudios.com/attachments/silver-raw-6-6-5-9-9-9-9-zip.9586/

This works really nicely on my TS-PC Racer wheelbase.

The wheel settings I use with this custom FFB file - I use the default settings in Thrustmaster Control Panel except the Master Gain setting at 100% and rotation at 540 degrees. In AMS2 I use the in-game settings 65-30-70 (on some mid or low downforce cars I adjust the in-game gain setting to 75 or even 80 sometimes).

If the "High end" file doesn't feel good for you regardless any settings, you can try the "Low end" file as an alternative (I haven't tested the "Low end" file myself as I'm very happy with the "High end" file).

11. aussieinvader

aussieinvader Member AMS2 Club Member

Billy points out some interesting nuances that persists within AMS2.
    Some valid points regardless of how much i do like the sim

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Dear Renato et al.,

Given that the default FFB values in AMS2 have changed not a little since April 4, 2020, could we please receive some updated guidance directly from Reiza regarding default FFB profiler/in-game settings for the various wheels within the original post to this thread? Or are the original values posted still the one's recommended by Reiza?

Thanks for all of Reiza's continued work in developing and improving AMS2!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

They just changed again in 1.04! Can you find the instructions to set? It's petty simple. Put everything at 0 and then adjust Gain until the overall weighting is satisfactory. (Use a variety of your favourite cars for this whole process, not just one). Then, adjust LFB, while leaving FX at 0. Finally, adjust FX. If you do NOT have a direct drive wheel, you could save yourself some time and hassle and just use the default LFB and FX of 50 each. Then all you have to do is adjust Gain. No one has fiddled with FFB settings more than me, and I am back to 70/50/50 with perfect FFB on my Fanatec wheel.

14. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Member AMS2 Club Member

the FFB is now great for me with standard one
    100-50-50.

I am assuming that they changed the FFB recently..very happy now..

15. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh New Member

Am I missing something? Tested both on my G29 with 100/100 and the wheel is dead on the center. FFB while cornering is very weak using your file, even silver raw is kinda weak. Too be honest, both feel kinda similar, it's very, very weak. Default FFB feels kinda laggy, it's weird.

I dropped these files at Documents/AMS2

EDIT: Nevermind, something was bugged and after I restarted my pc the custom FFB finally worked.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  16. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I had similar strange problems a few time with ffb not feeling right when testing AMS 2 vs pcar 2 and rf2(not stardard nor custom ffb). When going back to AMS 2 ffb was just not right I needed a restart, weird.

17. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

As of V1.0.5.0, the default 100/50/50/50 FFB settings are now all that is needed to sort out the G25. Rieza's FFB deadzone was indeed "effectively eliminated" by this update. Well done, Reiza, for this and the other, additional FFB upgrades in this week's update!

18. SimRacingJunckie

SimRacingJunckie New Member

Does anybody have good settings for TS PC Racer with the new Default FFB?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

So with v1.0.5.0 I have my G29 FFB set at 87 Gain/ 25 LFB/ 40 FX/ 0 Dmp. Center feel is decent enough. A bit light in downforce cars (normal since aero loads FFB harder at speed) but there is enough of a delta between min-max force to make out the kind of forces applied. I'll need to get used to it though so if anybody has other suggestions, shoot as I am still trying things out :)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  20. A.F.K DaN

A.F.K DaN Member AMS2 Club Member

Have to admit, the new Default FFB ist a BIG step forward (for me). Finally there is some feel on the wheel while braking (getting harder to turn). Thanks Reiza!
    It still feels a bit ruggish from time to time, but this time for the very first time I really enjoy what i see (better say "drive").

• Like Like x 1