1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spotter and CrewChief - are they working?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by mac2, Oct 6, 2020.

1. mac2

mac2 New Member

want to get the above all working correctly however having some issues.......................
    On some races I am getting audio (lap times and direction) on others I am getting subtitles! - soimetimes nothing and sometimes a combination of both!

Is this the game or the crew chief app - or a combination of both? and what is the correct way to set them up ? (note I have all the audio settings enabled (including enable spotter and subtitles - and the shared memory settings as PC2-1-PC2)

Also when I do get audio (presume from crew chief app) its drowned out my other sounds - any way to fix? (have done the obvious and tweaked the different sound levels - still very difficult to hear)

any help appreciated.......

2. B Stu

B Stu Member

Ingame pit radio etc not working yet, so leave them off ingame.You can enable spotter for visual display. Make sure to start Crew Chief first. There are volume sliders on CC front page. For shared memory just set first one to PC2. Leave UDP off (I believe that's only used for exporting telemetry data). Also CC only enables in a race, so you won't hear anything in a practise. Hope that helps )

3. mac2

mac2 New Member

thanks for the reply
    so on the shared memory - the 3rd part you leave off (no PC1 or PC2?)
    so basically CC lets me hear audio during a race? when I see subtitles along the bottom of the screen whats generating these?

4. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Yes. Once set up it gives you a spotter and race engineer.

The sim.

5. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ye, CC tells you where the cars are and gives other information, you can also ask cc about lots of things, speak controlled or by assigning keys.
    The subtitles are the first traces of the build in crew chief.