3 Questions on general gameplay

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by MysticReverie, Aug 13, 2016.

1. MysticReverie

MysticReverie Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello
    Three very basic questions, but I haven't figured them out yet, so..

Question 1:
    During practice and warm up sessions, I can't start my car.
    What control do I need to add to my controller or keyboard to start my car!?
    I've got Ignition and starter mapped onto my controller, but my car wont move.
    But it's ok during the race - but not some practice/qualifying sessions.
    Am I missing something obvious or is it a bug?

Question 2:
    When I drive into the pits at the end of the race, it goes into autopilot, takes me to the marker where I am supposed to park, then it just starts driving onto the track again. How to end the race session !?

Question 3:
    Relating to the question above.
    After the race, I have to press escape to end the session, as it won't end automatically.
    But in the garage, I can't click on 'end session' or 'next race'.
    I have to exit out of that menu and then choose next race from the menu before that.
    Seems a bit user unfriendly.
    There must be some way to just automatically take me from race to race in a championship without me having to exit the game like that?

Great game by the way..
    The more I play this game, and other racing games, the more I like this game.

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  2. OPERATOR

OPERATOR New Member

Some cars wont start when in gear.
    Make sure when you start the game that you load your saved controller config in controls under presets.
    Go to the gear or cog in the upper right corner of the screen and adjust the difficulty to HARDCORE.
    In controls double check you have starter and ignition assigned to a key or button.
    AMS 2016-08-13 11-06-02-48.png AMS 2016-08-13 10-58-17-12.png AMS 2016-08-13 11-01-55-62.png

3. MysticReverie

Thanks for the suggestions.~

I have my ignition and starter buttons mapped.
    The car engine will sometimes start, but will not move.
    I have the gears and everything set to automatic.
    I've even tried to manually change into first gear, but nothing.
    The steering wheel wont move either - nothing works apart from ignition.

This means in quite a few races, I have to just skip right to the race as my car wont even move during the practice sessions. Then during the race - everything works.

I don't understand why i want to choose hardcore? I like to play with automatic and a few assists.

Sounds like a bug to me?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  4. OPERATOR

OPERATOR New Member

HARDCORE mode can be modified to whatever assist you prefer but it was intended to help your
    Question 2:
    When I drive into the pits at the end of the race, it goes into autopilot, AUTOPITLANE.
    It could be a bug but you would think with the amount of people playing someone else would have come across this so it sounds more like a setup or wheel software problem. I use a logitech g27 and before I launch AMS I run the logitech profiler. When you assign steering, gas, break, do you see the inputs in the input test, screenshot 1, when you turn the wheel you see the red slider move with the wheel?
    What wheel are you using?

5. OPERATOR

OPERATOR New Member

Open steam and in library right click on AMS and select SHOW MANUAL, scroll to page 28 for wheel setup.

6. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Renato Simioni regarding the end of race procedure, where the ai all are still going race pace so to speak. Could you enable the pit limiter on all cars including the players? Just slow everyone down.

7. MysticReverie

I'm using a Thrustmaster T80
    It's not officially a pc wheel, but I set it up ok
    I changed the various setting in the game also t ohow i like - auto gear shifting, auto ignition etc
    As I said, I can race fine, control the car fine, change views etc.

It's just in certain game modes, the car wont seem to move (no throttle, no steering, no gears - just ignition). Also when the race is over, I drive into the pit-lane - whether auto or manually, and the session doesn't end.
    I just have to press escape to end the race, and I have to press escape a second time to go right back to the race selection screen

It doesn't sound right to me.