1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hot pile of garbage dlc

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by MasterLooser, Oct 6, 2020.

1. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

the quality of these new cars sucks.
    congrats

• Disagree x 10
    • Dislike x 8
    • Agree x 5
    • Funny x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Your post sucks.
    Congrats.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  3. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

no gt3 cars are hard to drive, isn't it?
    I think you might consider changing hobby.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. lensman45

lensman45 Member

the quality
    Specifically?

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Yes, they were released still WIP with several annoying bugs.

But which of them is DLC you paid extra for?

And to call incredibly well-simulated cars like the Mini JCW a "hot pile of garbage" is a reflection of your juvenile attitude rather than any version of reality. You can criticize Reiza for releasing things before they are finished/polished. You cannot in any good conscience call the quality of the content in AMS 2 garbage because, once out of obvious WIP, none of it falls below the level of top or near top of any content available in any sim today.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  7. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Your post is simple waste of time. You are not even providing specific details...or repeatable patterns to help improve anything....

8. Lucas Vieira

Lucas Vieira Member

Everyone had the right to express their opnion. But when you start a post like this, you should be more specific about it.

Why they suck? Did you had evidence to support your opnion? Videos, pictures, whatever?

Save some time for both sides. Next time check how to write a critique before start a garbage post like this.

QUT cite|write - Writing a critique

Like already been told, its a waste of time post like this.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Can't we just lock this post and be done with it? As has been pointed out, there's nothing constructive here at all and it's just unnecessarily insulting IMO.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

I am an open wheel guy, but dang if the M1 Pro car isn't one of the most fun cars I've ever driven in a sim.

• Like Like x 2
  11. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

you did wrong even the post title...
    these cars aren't part of any DLC, those are free content since part of base game..
    the quality of these new generations of trolls sucks...congrats!

• Like Like x 2
  12. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

There are problems with the new cars and hopefully everything will be fixed but nothing that would warrant such a reaction... or the reaction that I've seen from some known youtubers about the new cars.

Personally I think the Group A cars are near perfect when it comes to how good they feel to drive and how they behave on track. The Mini JCW felt nice as well from the little time I've spent with it... haven't tried the Lotus yet.

One car that I loved at first but am liking less and less the more I drive it is the M1 Procar. First race I did with it I loved how good the car felt on my T300... it feels really amazing, but then I've read a few things about how this car is pretty much impossible to spin so I tried it, and yes, the car simply will not spin, not without the help of some slippy grass and even then it's not easy... it's glued to the road in a way that feels entirely artificial.

I've seen this behaviour in some other cars in AMS 2 as well, where when a car starts to oversteer there's this auto-correcting behaviour that happens (all assists are off), which might be realistic to a degree, but in the M1 Procar is absolutely miraculous.

Still, the feeling of this car on the wheel is nothing sort of amazing so once (if) this behaviour is corrected it will probably become my favourite in AMS 2.

Until then... the Group A cars are amazing (and free) and your post sucks, congrats!

13. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

If you want to spin, stiffen the rear springs and arb and lock the diff.

14. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

I don't want to spin just for the heck of it, I just find it weird that this car, considering the era it comes from, can even have any realistic setup at all where you'll never spin the car no matter what you do.

I'm used to drive the M1 Procar in Raceroom, and in there you have to sweat a lot to be able to finish a race without a spin, so it feels like an entirely different car, which is weird. I prefer the physics behaviour of the car in Raceroom but the FFB in AMS 2 feels MUCH better to me.

The new Group A cars however I prefer all around than the DTM92 cars in Raceroom. These ones don't have the same issue and you will spin if you're not careful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Or wait for the release of the Nordschleife. It will give the M1 wings :p

16. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

simracing youtubers - for the 99% - are not the most entitled persons to judge anything sim related. I mean, they could be fun to watch, that's all.

• Like Like x 1
  17. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The M1 whas a very conservative default setup. Try dropping the front ARB to 10, swapping the toe-ins to -0.60 in front 0.20 in the rear (I think they got these mixed up), and dropping the # of clutches to 2. This makes it turn in a lot better and more responsive out of corners.

If it still feels too easy, take a spin around Imola 72. Warning: big balls (metaphorically) will be required!

18. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

I'd argue they've every right to an opinion as much as you or I, but again I'd personally only pay attention if that opinion is informed and not the video equivalent of the OP's post! I've not seen much noise on YouTube around the latest update though, which I'd suggest may be more worrying.

19. rsr427

rsr427 Member AMS2 Club Member

It was the second car I tried of this new batch and I was disappointed. It was more fun to drive (lively, but predictable) in rFactor as a mod, and is better in RRRE. It was a tough car to drive in PCARS1, but at least that car had personality. This version feels numb to me. And on my PC it has an odd hitch in the sound between gears. The sample clips or something. I tried the Lotus, the M1 and the 190E. The Lotus was fun in a race, but it seemed odd to be spanked by Mini coopers. The M1 and 190E have been better done elsewhere in simland. You can tell me that they're WIP, but why did they get released? I didn't install the AMS2 beta. I know they're not done tweaking, (heck RRRE is constantly updating their cars), so won't say they're garbage. They're a good start.

I love Jerez BTW, long overdue in a car sim.

• Like Like x 1
  20. rsr427

rsr427 Member AMS2 Club Member

It seems like this sim might suffer from what PC1 did (and most sims to be honest), lack of good default setups. The community is here, can't we send Reiza our setups and have them included?

In PC2, you can steal the setups from others in the Time Trial mode and for some cars, it completely transforms them in a good way. Maybe they should lean on the community for setups and package a push, neutral and loose setup. Give the user credit in the name of the setup.

• Agree Agree x 3