1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bouncy tires - boooinngggg

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by JavierZumaeta, Oct 9, 2020.

1. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

Have you guys noticed this? The tires are suuuuuuper bouncy, like springs - especially (only?) noticeable when the car comes to a stop - most prominent in the open wheelers. You come to a stop and booingggggggg, super high frequency bouncyness on all tires.

Is this a known issue? Or a design compromise - in order to make the tires dynamics work their best while running, when they come to a stop they behave this way? Is it on the list of things to change? Or just one of those things that are gonna stay as they are?

I do feel like this comes up even when running though - not sure if it bothers anyone else..

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

This is not an issue I've heard about or noticed myself so far. Care to make a video showing what this looks like to you?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Is it like this issue that used to be around but I thought it was fixed.

4. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

Ok well Shadowplay has a hard time recording, seems to only want to record the entire desktop for some reason.... whatever. I think you can see it okay. I'm in VR here, but on my desktop the image is smaller to improve framerate. But yeah, you can see what I'm on about, I think. Its the tire itself making the bounciness, not the suspension.

5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I cant see the issue in the video, does it look like the video above? Maybe that issue has crept back in.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

I can kind of see a slight "bounce" when you come to a stop, yeah. I'm not convinced it's a bug though. Surely there would be a small bounce from weight transfer in those cirumstances?

Your video was definitely an issue and isn't something I've seen in AMS 2 recently.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This car-shake Bug ?
    Exist a long time

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

My guess is that this ridiculous bounching at stopping or driving slow is because Reiza have been insetting some physics or TM parameters in the Madness engine that this engine cannot cope with.
    And because this engine is more or less a closed blackbox for the Reiza devs they are not able to(or allowed to) change something fundamental in the engine itself.
    Why I believe this is because if I remember right then the Madness engine in pCars2 didnt display this behaviour.
    Probably because the engine wasnt forced to accept the same parameters as the Reiza people try to input.:cool:

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Where do you even get this nonsense? It honestly seems like half your comments are made up to be deliberately controversial. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

The only cars I've seen this behaviour are some of the open wheel cars, like the F-Reiza for example, and it can get quite bad. If you do it on a third-person camera you'll see that most of the time when this happens the tires are barely even touching the ground on account of all that shaking, so it doesn't even look like the bounciness is coming from the tires. Quite bizarre.

Posted about this on the bug thread some time ago but apparently it hasn't been solved yet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I admit that I have (almost) not driven anything else than formula cars in AMS2 ;)
    But if my suspicion is right about a basic problem (or a parameter forced problem) in the Madness engine - then the reason this behaviour conserning the non-formula cars is either non existent or (as I believe :D) so low that most people dont feel/see it - is because the grip vs weight in the formula cars is so much different than all other car types.

ByTheWay: Specially the grip thing;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

There's no way to cover this up, it's there, and it needs correcting ASAP.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

That bug with this car has already been reported multiple times.

14. bigpig

bigpig New Member

15. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I suspect the springs are underdamped or too much rebound.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  16. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I had something similar happen in the Montana utes last night, pressed drive and the car was in the pit box just bouncing away before I even attempted to leave the pit box. This was at Ibarra. Can't say I have noticed it prior to this.

17. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

the issue was reported since the beta, and I guess it's not fixed, it's nice to see new tracks and cars, but when the driving feeling isn't good since the beta, it's strange.

Automobilista 2 announced, using project cars 2 engine
    Automobilista 2 announced, using project cars 2 engine
    Suspension..
    GamerMuscle3 months ago
    "big things holding ams2 back for me at the moment

1) online car colissoins / netcode is still too erratic for close driving

2) low speed braking / car rotation and lockup at low speed cars get stuck in weard snappy no grip slide

3) suspension is really bouncy / slow in all madness engine games , I can overlook this but it is a bit weard when you compare it to every other SIM on the market.

4) rear diff / cars don't turn in properly off the gas and force you to drive on the throttle with every car to get the nose Into corners , this is the same in PC2. Out of all the Sims on the market you have to drive ams2,PC2 way more on the gas and sooner on the gas."

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I guess the good news is that it does not happen on the Merc 190E DTM, so I assume it is actually tire model issues, and not suspension.

19. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

Ah, this, yes... It seems to affect some cars more than others. Curiously, the FV10G1M1 is NOT afflicted, but the Mclaren in the same class IS afflicted, severely. Seems to not be anything super serious.

There's also something funky going on with the clutch differentials. Back when the geared differential and the clutch differential were both avialable on the Formula Retros, the geared differential did not resist turn in the way even a very lose clutch differential will. They seem to be aware and have made the clutch differentials "looser", but this is only apparent at low settings. I recommend backing off on the preload significantly, and dropping clutches down signifcantly.

20. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

Nah dude... if the videos are not enough for you just get in the Formula Reiza and try it yourself. There's nothing natural about the way the car starts to shake when you stop it that could have a setup explanation. It's clearly a bug.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1