1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyrrell P34 and Brabham BT46 and F1 packs, what do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Bizarre Formula, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

That's amazing, a bit before my time I think, I'd never heard of that game, thanks for mentioning it. I only started racing 'properly' in 2008, think one of my first driving games was the original Colin McRae, not counting 'Pole Position' for the Intellivision =P.

• Like Like x 1
  2. kendoslow

kendoslow New Member AMS2 Club Member

I played PP on the Atari 2600, hard to believe it's nearly 40 years ago. Loved the original Colin McRae but thought 2 was even better.
    Codemasters used to produce great racing games back then.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Dirt Rally 2.0 is a great sequel in the spirit of those IMO, looking forward to what that team make next (Dirt 5 is made by a separate team).

• Like Like x 2
  4. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

About a year ago I was contacted via PM in the Racedepartment forum by a guy with french(?) looking name who solely was interrested in F1C modding.
    And I saw him later in a post describe his facination and knowledge about this game.
    I was contacted because I in another life had created a telemetry tool for F1C.
    Problem was that eventhough I used about a year of my life on this tool - I had forgotten most about it.
    Hehe but found some reminiscences afterwards on my PC:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

OK. Interesting. It looks like it wasnt a telemetry tool but a setup compare tool :D
    To brag a bit I just found this old pic on my PC of BrunoBs setupCompTool.
    As can be seen It was possible to compare up to 6 individual setups.
    The program was compatible with racing games using SimBins .svm setup format - at least if they wasnt encrypted.:confused:
    Beside the mentioned F1C this included also rF1/2, Gtr2 etc.:p

Oh and when I see the pic I faintly remember that the tool could also OPTIMIZE and often create better ;) setups following some socalled "heuristic" algoritm.

ByTheWay: I think I have to read up in the source/core program code if this maybe could be used today :)

_SetupCompTool.jpg

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  6. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

From a simulation point of view I would say that Dirt Rally 2.0 is the best thing Codemasters has ever done (at least on loose surfaces... tarmac not so much)... and maybe I'll throw F1 2020 in there as well even if I'm not a huge fan since I'm not into modern F1.

I used to love Colin McRae 1 and 2 as a kid, as well as Toca 2, but if you go back to those games now you'll find them quite simple and way more arcade than you remember.

7. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

I’ve been really enjoying the historic content in AMS2 since release and would love to see some more in the future. However, getting the base game tweaked and running properly should always come first IMO.

With that said, the idea of a 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s F1 season set up would be dreamland, especially alongside the current plans. I’m dreaming though, possibly due to having been driving at the rF2 Monaco 66 track this afternoon.:)

• Like Like x 1
  8. kendoslow

kendoslow New Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes indeed, GTR2 and GTL are my cut off point, but Toca 2 BTCC with the support series showed how a game should be made.
    And despite Gran Turismo's claims, required more skill to do well.