1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions of the EEC mod?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Msportdan, Aug 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

just been trying. visually and sound wise its phenomenal. Physics wise, even with assists off is a bit on rails, it really takes something to get these things oversteering, and then its easily catchable.

I know the real series caters for amateur race driver so wondering. is it enjoyable or to easy?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. DisarmingBaton5

DisarmingBaton5 Member AMS2 Club Member

I enjoy it personally. It doesn't have to be difficult to be fun.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Kevin Peat

Kevin Peat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I also enjoy the mod and I went to both the Blancpain and WEC rounds at Silverstone this year and the amount of sideways action from these cars is sadly non-existant so the handling seems realistic on that score.

4. Msportdan

only thing i saw a SLS AMG get stuck behind a lotus for all eternity lol. it couldnt pass the slower car at silverstone in AMS

I was thinking about taking out some of the older cars in it just keep some the gt3 favs.

5. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there a skinpack available for the mod?
    Now the cars look quite clean. :cool:

6. Msportdan

i can't remember where i read it but i thought i saw skin packs fr these, and there was a british gt one! can't remember where vo :(

7. Joe Hunt

Joe Hunt AMS Rocks

Hi all,
    so i do my first Post here :)
    To the TO, all i know is that the GT3 Cars have TC and a so called Race ABS ;)
    To Fabian Biehne you find the Template Pack on the Facebook Page from EEC

• Like Like x 1
  8. AZRCD

AZRCD New Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm really enjoying driving these myself. I notice quite a difference between the cars too. They maybe easier to drive at 80-90% but I find them challenging enough as anything to get all of it out of them.

9. PATR10T

PATR10T Boss from european endurance center :) AMS2 Club Member

in real all the gt3 cars are very easy to drive... just go on youtube and check some onboards from the nos where you can see this really great, yes its a bit like on rails... thats the reason for the gt3 success as nearly everyone can drive it... check the entries everywhere how many gentlemen and amateurs drive on the real series..
    back in gtr2 a real driver was using our cars to practice for the vln, n24 and 24h series and now on ams htp motorsport i using the amg for their practice (you can check on our facebook page there some pics where clemens schmid is on the simulator) ;) we got the feedback that the cars handle like real (and that the cars can brake much later real than on the mod ^^ ), for sure there can be always improvements and our physics master already started to work on a new one but too bad he retired from modding... so for now we have to use the stuff we already have...

a little hint: you should use brake pressure on 100% and abs on max so you avoid the locking tires when braking into the corners ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Alexandre Sene

Alexandre Sene Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@PATR10T , Can you send me other link do download the basic pack of GT3 mod? I already tried all this days on mega but when the download reachs around 70 or 90% It get stuck and show me a msg that the server is too loaded.

I mean, the file with around 1gb that is on the FB page.

I already install the mega software and it was quite the same.

Do you have other link?, thanks.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. PATR10T

no there no other links to the mod, just the mega one...

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Msportdan

is there a chance to make just the gt3 series only (without lotus etc) as these cars do kept help up by the slower i expect gt4 like cars.

13. PATR10T

the lotus is a gt3 too... when i do some laps vs ai the lotus isnt that slow and also the ai cars overtake each other...

14. Msportdan

hhmm so all those cars are actually even powered and balanced?

15. PATR10T

the cars are balanced yes, you should be able to drive the same lap times with each car... for sure on the ai it can be a bit different...

like i already wrote our physics maker left us so we dont create new ones and just share the ones we already have, the lotus is using the mclaren physic so normally he should be able to run the same laptimes...

16. Msportdan

i read - could be bs, that you used the reiza boxers physics for some car?

17. PATR10T

where should i have this files from? ;) answer is no

would be great if we would have access to all files so i think we could make some things better as we would have some examples ;)

18. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

On the cars being "on rails" yeah, they are a bit easier than I'd like them to be right out of the box, but it is also about the setup. Better make a setup where the car understeer than something that will spin as soon as you hit the brakes simply because there is a ton of people out there (aka the average Joe) driving for years and still can't do basic setup changes. New physics would be harder to drive, but with setup work you could make the cars close to what is now, except it would punish you for "overdriving" if you did it. Hopefully they'll be done someday.

Use the Megasync the mega site offer you, you should be able to download the 1gb part without problems, if it pauses while downloading and show you an ads with prices just right click on the Megasync, exit it, restart your modem and open it again, download will continue after that.

I wish we could use it in the Cup Porsche tbh but anyway I want to take a look at Boxer cup physic, need to add the low force ffb stuff to the GT3 cars, guess I'll have to wait for the CART mod to be updated after AMS release

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Mod is great!! Improvements to make the physics more realistic in the future will be appreciated, but not necessary to enjoy what is there now. It's difficult to make physics updates if you have to also maintain a balanced field. Much easier if they were all just individual models with their various characteristics.

I really like the attention to sounds. When the cars are balanced, sound is one of the things that separates them for picking a favourite to race. The only issue for me is that the master sound level is too high relative to the Reiza stock content. So you need to turn the volume down for EEC and then back to normal for everything else. It only needs a 10 or 15% decrease across-the-board to be perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I like it to because it has its own name in The Lobby, and doesn't hijack a Reiza Slot.
    So i don't end up being booted joining a race using Mods i don't use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.