1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bouncy tires - boooinngggg

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by JavierZumaeta, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

That as I mentioned above has already been reported multiple times over several update cycles.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

I think it has something to do with marbles, personally.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I was commenting on the OPs video. The subsequent ones are obvious bugs. Im not an idiot.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Spitfire1

Spitfire1 New Member

Your face is underdamped.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

I have this feeling with many many cars, not to say all the cars, and since the beta, so is it on the high priority fix list ? Cause the suspensions like I have always claimed are the bad part of the game, and can break totally the playability.
    When you look at the chase cam with any car, you can see that all the cars have a strange suspension constant vibration, it's not smooth and good at all.

Remember :
    Automobilista 2 October 2020 Development Update
    Bouncy tires - boooinngggg

Before new content, the suspensions for me should be the priority, I will not give any more money, like in rFactor 2 (need AI fix asap), if the main core of the game has a major issue.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Kiryu

Kiryu Member

Mate, you just didn't get the memo.

AMS2 is perfect, no issues whatsoever, it's the best. You are clearly simply too slow and not pushing hard enough probably. That sort of behavior is totally realistic blablabla

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  7. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That video looks like a track mesh problem, the car just sinks into the track and goes nuts. I had the same happen in the Cayman (where it causes an autobin because of the underdamped suspension) and was surprised because I wasn't expecting a huge bump in that corner. It's not there in AC or R3E.

8. Jean-Yves Mercy

Jean-Yves Mercy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It is true that in this corner of the Nordshleife I also think that there is a problem of mesh.
    But I still often think that the cars bounce too much, it is more or less pronounced depending on the car.
    It gives me the impression (and this is very visible in replay) that the cars weigh nothing, that there is no weight on the shocks. Almost as if the cars were miniatures.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  9. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

That explains it, I think almost all cars do this here to a certain extent. This corner always behaves like this.

10. Rexxyboy

Rexxyboy New Member

I love AMS2, but even now (June 2021), the GT cars are uncomfortable to drive, too bouncy and too much camera shake, affects my vision and makes me feel streesed, it's not a pleasant experience.. Every other sim is a bit smoother. Can we at least get an option to dial it down a little?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

It's July. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

edited.

13. Rexxyboy

Rexxyboy New Member

Yes, you are correct! July indeed.
    I can happily report i've managed to fix the excessive bounciness in Camera Settings
    High Speed Shake: was already OFF
    Head Movement: 100 (i had this on Zero, but counter-intuitively needs to be 100 for Zero movement
    Legacy Head Movement OFF.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

I wonder if head movement at 100 would be good for vr then too. That is one setting I have never tried at anything other than 0 as in vr I do the head movement. Nice find.

15. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

pretty sure head movement in VR is just lock to horizon under a different name, maybe a bit of roll dampening too, i have this really low, i think around 10-15

i think the biggest problem with lock to horizon in vr is that going uphill u will start to look at ur pedals and going downhill u will look at the roof of the car (eg laguna seca downhill thing)
    i rather just look forward where the car is face, but i guess if u are getting motion sick quick u ahve to deal with this

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

1. In VR, Legacy Head Movement is always on. Note that with Legacy Head Movement on, the head movement scale is inverted, so 0 becomes 100 and vice versa. Its functionality is very similar to what we know as Lock to horizon in other sims – the help text even points to the use of a virtual horizon.
    2. There is no dampening of the camera in Legacy Head Movement. There is however a compromise if you use values between 0 and 100, which I guess could be interpreted as dampening by some people. It depends on your terminology. I prefer full lock to horizon in VR, and in that case the virtual horizon is in a sense "fully damped" and the car chassis movement has no dampening at all.

• Informative Informative x 3
  17. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

If we presume you know what you are talking about here (and it sounds slightly so :D) does this invented scale also cover non-VR use of Legacy Head Movement?
    I mean when I was using AMS2´s Legacy thing on my 2D screen I had a hard time figuring out what the scale 0/100 actually did mean.o_O

18. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm basing my statements from my recollection of forum threads from when the new camera movement option was introduced, around v1.0.3-v1.0.4. I could be remembering wrong.

I'm not sure what the 0/100 actually means, other than what is explained in the help text. To me it feels like it kind of blends the tilt axis to somewhere between the head and the virtual horizon, but that's just my speculation.

Legacy Head Movement should work the same both in 2D and in VR, but the perceived effect could be different, due to how your body's "balance reference" is mostly derived from your physical playspace environment in 2D while in VR it's mostly from visual cues inside the VR headset.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  19. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Thanks for anmswering.:)
    The reason I was asking was because when AMS2 was my prefered sim I did use the legacy thing to minimize the head(camera) bouncing.
    But I stopped using Legacy because I discovered that the head bouncing abrubtly changed unnaturally on exactly the same places on a track.
    On as example Bathurst with Legacy on all the upper part of the track was bouncing a LOT (too much) - while suddenly when the car did run under the banner at the beginning of the long straight downhill the bouncing more or less completely stopped.
    So it became bearable :D

ByTheWay: Eventhough I prefer AMS2´s physics and specially TM more than any other racing sim I cannot return from my asylum at Raceroom before Reiza get their stuff together and does solve the terrible introduced RPM limiter sound in some cars.
    My tinnitus cannot cope with this terrible sound poo.:mad:

20. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

By the way: Repetition ad nauseam
    Or, resumed in a gif,
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1