1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compared to AMS physics?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Cully, Apr 2, 2020.

1. RWB.3vil

RWB.3vil Member

Absolutely. My Wheel feels utterly dreadful if I have spring and dampening on in my control panel ( i use them for other sims like rf2) . I keep the rest at the drivers default. On top of that anything over 75 gain makes the wheel bad too like numbing most tyre feel.
    I have found that most cars feel great with 65-70 Gain maximum , 45-50 LFB and 55 FX.

Great tracks to test FFB on are Adelaide 1988 ( bumpy) , Cadwell Park or Oulton Park for mid corner humps/bumps, and Snetterton for high speed/med/low speed brake/weight/balance tests.

Cars to test your experiments: Ultima GTR , P2s , F3s .
    Once you find your preferred settings with all 3 most of the other cars should behave as you expect ( with a few outliers as still more WIP than others) .

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Gnu009

Gnu009 Member

And here the misinformation continues...
    Wheel profile settings for spring and damper does absolutely nothing in AMS2...
    The sim just doesn’t youse these!
    So 0 or 100 is all the same...
    But yeah, Placebo is strong around sim racers...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. RWB.3vil

RWB.3vil Member

Then ask why Renato suggests to turn them off.. With TM those settings are are not software settings they are hardware level "dynamic settings", if they are on the will work on their own interfering with software level FFB
    "
    The SPRING and DAMPER effects are what we call Dynamic Effects, because they rely on information which depends on the wheel (position for spring or speed for damper). The Dynamic Effects are those effects which benefit the most from hardware force-feedback implementation (compare to software) - like in the T500RS - because you want a fast response based on how the player will turn his wheel.

The CONSTANT and PERIODIC effects are what we call Static Effects. Once the game sets them, they act according to the parameters set or modified through time by the game regardless of how the user turns the wheel. The game might adjust them accordingly, but they are not linked directly to the wheel position, speed or acceleration."

Thrustmaster - Technical support website

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Gnu009

Gnu009 Member

Dude the percentage in the controller software only lets you set how much the driver reacts to what the software inputs!
    In the case of AMS2 the input is ZERO!
    Stop spreading misinformation here!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gnu009

Gnu009 Member

Oh my gosh, you cannot even comprehend what was written.
    Renato says it clearly the sim doesn’t use this effects at all...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. RWB.3vil

RWB.3vil Member

@Renato Simioni . When you suggest we disable spring and damper in our driver control panel is this to stop those settings causing issues?
    User Gnu009 is getting as bit too upset during this discussion. Can you confirm/explain the intention behind disabling Spr and Damper at the driver/control panel level.

Thanks

7. Gnu009

Gnu009 Member

It was already confirmed the spring and damper chanels are not used by the software, look at the official ffb thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. RWB.3vil

RWB.3vil Member

Well hopefully Renato can confirm if Thrustmaster wheels need to also have no Spr and Dampening, like he has suggest for Logitech G2XX wheels as per his FFB post ( there is an image of a Logitec CP showing suggest values)

If having them on doesn't effect my wheel, cool Ill just leave my CP at default. If there is a reason they suggest lower end wheels ( Logitech, my TM wheel) need 0 Spr )Damp and Renato explains it ill follow his suggestions.

9. Gnu009

Gnu009 Member

What about reading AND thinking for yourself m8?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. RWB.3vil

RWB.3vil Member

I'm far too medicated for that at this current moment.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

It's important to consider that each steering system may apply settings differently when referencing other player's settings. This may be a source of some confusion.

For example: DD-wheels generally offer more than one way to apply effects.
    • Some effects are directly applied to the hardware (Smoothing / Friction / Damping / Inertia). These settings affect the overall characteristics of the hardware (Servo).
    • Accuforce systems have even more hardware settings as well as optional telemetry-driven effects. It also can separate game-ffb effects and tune / filter in various ways.
    • Direct-Input effects. These are effects some games use. AMS2 does not. This offers another way to fine tune game-ffb output signals. Canned ffb-effects often use this type of signal tuning but, may be combined with physics-based effects as well.
    Mainstream-wheel users aren't likely to benefit from DD-wheel users settings due to these and more differences. Fanatec may be an exception in some ways.

As a rule, stick to referencing settings from people using the same system, or to your own hardware settings as used in other titles (They may be more alike than you think).

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Spitfire1

Spitfire1 New Member

Compared to AMS1 physics AMS2 is not good.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  13. Jebalkin

Jebalkin New Member

There is not much comparing in your comparison mate.

14. Spitfire1

Spitfire1 New Member

AMS2 is a very good simcade.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Your face is a simcade.

• Funny Funny x 4