1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General AMS2 Release & Feedback Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Micropitt, Jul 1, 2020.

1. vortex

vortex Member

You can if you compare them at the same time in their development as I did. Even at its lowest point in EA (way before the full release) ACC had more people playing than AMS2 does now. Player numbers may not always reflect the quality of the game but they are an indication of its popularity which, ultimately, tends to drive sales (which is what AMS2 needs now).

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  2. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

GEEEE TEEEE THREEEE...that's why, it is the most popular class whether some folk like it or not.
    AMS1 couldn't compete with ACC numbers but I reckon things will change soon enough for AMS2 :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I doubt AMS2 will compete with ACC for GT3 cars. They simulate much more of the stuffs. Still I recon (sadly) you are right still to some degree, they will undoubtedly take over the MP list a bit but mostly just the people already running the sprint race or GT's probably. GT3 you will never take our Uno players!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. vortex

vortex Member

Reiza should stick to the other classes of cars. ACC has definitely cornered the market for GT3 (and now GT4) and it's difficult to think of anything AMS2 could possibly do to improve on that. It would be a bit like Kunos adding Brazilian Stock Cars to ACC - pretty pointless!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Speaking of Brazilian Motorsport, GT3 and GT4 are part of Imperio Endurance Brasil. For that reason alone it should be part of AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Without GT3/4 in AMS2 there will be no Imperio Endurance Brasil series to go with the many prototype classes currently available in-game. So no, Reiza shouldn't stick to the other classes, they should include every possible Brazilian series and more.
    That would be pretty pointless but adding GT3/4 to AMS2 is nothing like that.

@Micropitt you beat me to it :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Micropitt

True Endurance fans think alike :D

8. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

personally, I'm a big fan of modern GTs but the one thing ACC lacks is the depth of track roster in AMS2 - as long as they can get a good 5 or 6 of each for the field variety then I look forward to racing them at Nordschleife, Interlagos, Adelaide, Jerez and other interesting circuits ACC doesn't have.

My biggest concern is the competence of the Madness engine to handle AI multiclass racing - in GMotor games it was possible to tweak enough config files to get it working but it does seem to be the holy grail of racing game AI and to me only Raceroom has come close to achieving it so far.

9. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Exactly, totally agree, I'm super excited to try some modern GT3s on the Brazilian tracks. In my opinion, will add a breath of fresh air to the somewhat stale track roster that's available in all other sims.

I don't believe there's an issue with the competence of the ME, just have to compare the AI at EA stage to what we have now. I've done a number of multiclass AI races with no major issues so far, sure they need some tweaks but they probably haven't even looked at the multiclass side of AI.
    Its all about the time and effort the devs wish to put in and in the case of Reiza there's no shortage of the latter. What they've achieved in the last five months is commendable and leaves me with no doubt that every aspect of this sim will become something special given enough time.

10. Micropitt

I have done lots of multi class racing with AI as well without any issues. Mostly I do P1/P2/P3/P4 or instead of P4 use the Ginetta G55. It works really well and is lots of fun :D

11. Great Ape

Great Ape Member

This is one of the things I'm really appreciating with AMS2. Being new to sims and motorsport I have a background awareness of european racing but absolutely no clue about anything else; neither its tracks not its cars.

I'd never heard of Velo Citta before, which is a shame because the track is absolutely amazing...though I do hate the 3rd sector and I'd never heard of 'Imperio Endurance Brasi'.

I'm all for some (Brazilian) GT3/4, I don't enjoy GT3 but I'm all for new cars and new series.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Micropitt

Here is a threat that shows some AMS2 cars in real life. You also find more information about Imperio Endurance Brasil, Stock Car Brasil and SprintRacer.
    Ams2 and Real Cars [Just for Fun]

Also, here is the video from yesterday's Imperio Endurance Brasil race:

The race is every 4 weeks and you can watch it live on YouTube :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

I've just recently fired the game up for the first time in a long time, hoping a few things would be fixed...But anyway, what the heck has happened to the Chevette?!

Previously I genuinely thought the Chevette in AMS2 was superb, one of the best in fact regards realism as far as physics. Probably way under used/appreciated.

But now it feels horrible, it's almost like it's running twin engines...both in the rear! And the FFB is nowhere near what it was previously. Hopefully it will be rectified as for the moment it's gone backwards.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Spitfire1

Spitfire1 New Member

15. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You probably have missed a lot of changes to be applied. You need to delete your AMS2 folder into your document directory. And FFB settings are completely changed after an update in the philosophy a month or two ago. You need to tune it completely differently especially for belt driven wheels. It is now recommended to bring to almost 0 or anyway very low both FX and LFB.
    The FFB has gone your forward. It's actually your absence that probably left you behind. ;)

16. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Also changes have been implemented in the most known custom FFB files after Reiza dropped those FFB changes. Many players on belt driven actually reverted to the game standard FFB file. Check the appropriate thread for this subject

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

And for non-DD wheels, you should still use lots of LFB and FX. I am at "default" of 50/50 and the FFB is now finally perfect (for every car, with no adjustments needed) on my wheel.

18. TekNeil

I do delete the folders every update to be on the safe side... But aside from that, it now feels nothing like real World Vauxhall/Opel range cars of similar vintage (Manta, Ascona, kadett, Chevette).
    The in-game feel of the Chevette is now a long way off, having gone backwards.
    Previously the game captured the feel of a stiffly sprung, light in the rear, RWD oldskool car really well (Apart from the silly very low speed/exaggerated spinning that many cars seem to suffer from), so I'm not sure why it became so much worse.

I maybe have been left behind in a sense that I always try to drive in-game as realistically as possible, rather than 'Learn/Drive the games physics'.

19. TekNeil

Double post.

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

It shouldn't feel anything like any road car. New version is an improvement to me.

If any road car felt anything like any real race car, the sales would be zero. And that includes Porsche, Ferrari, etc.