1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steaming Hot Pile of .... !!!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by blanes, Oct 16, 2020.

1. blanes

blanes Member

... Totally amazing updates :)

Sorry for the Clickbait but couldn't resist after seeing a similar worded thread title !

I just had loaded up and spent couple hours racing today after going awol for several months and was really happy to find heaps of small things improved and some awesome new cars ... I totally love the M1 Procar which imho is a big improve over the pC2 version, even though I wonder is it so easy to control off throttle mid corner iRL ? Who cares it is such fun and that Mini is outragously good fun too ... cannot wait to try the Mercedes 190.

And the tweaks to the camera shake are definitely heading in the right direction as I noticed not getting so woozy as I do usually... Cheers :)

Stirling Job Reiza ... You guys are very very Awesome !!!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

****ing clickbait mate, piss off with your praise for AMS2 and Reiza :p
    I do agree about the M1 and love the way AMS2 is progressing.
    Best FFB in all Sims.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. blanes

blanes Member

Oh yeah forgot about the beautiful FFB ... Wonderful ! :D

These guys/gals @ Reiza work their cracks off day & night and we enjoy the incredible piece of simulator art they produce for relative peanuts !

I honestly cannot praise them enough and things just get better each release.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Member

I already uninstalled AMS2 about a month ago because of non satisfying FFB and wiggling /shimmying tendency of Caterham 620 and Ultima GTR street on the straights.

But I reinstalled it last week and I found the M1 quite nice in its physics.

But what happened in the meantime between last weekend and yesterday?

FFB feels very alright to me(even compared to AC/ACC and rFactor2 which I play a lot) , the 620R feels stable, the Ultima feels more or less stable(not on any track, on Hockenheim it's a PITA but on Donington it's do able) on the more exotic tracks, Cascavel, Taruma it's very stable:
    Track temp I guess???

So the question is? What happened , which update made me fall in love with the marvelous M1 Procar since yesterday? One of the greatest cars in simracing atm imho.

Thanks Reiza, I almost never wanted to play AMS2 again. Imho it s*cked big time.

But now it feels up to the task.Wow!

Cheers
    Robin

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Wrighty

Wrighty New Member

I drive AMS2 and really like it, especially in VR, but I’ve just tried the Caterham 620R and it’s absolutely rubbish:(. Why does one of the best handling cars in real life feel like an old historic open wheel racer, crap brakes and massive oversteer:(

• Agree Agree x 1