1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General AMS2 Release & Feedback Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Micropitt, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Did you update your FFB config to the new recommended one? Did you update the custom FFB file with the new updated ones if you are using it?

2. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

I've only run the default FFB profile so far (Have previously used custom in earlier builds but reverted back).

To clarify, I'm not talking about road cars.

3. Ettore

Then you probably want to make sure you have set your FFB to the new recommendations since they have changed the channel carrying some of the FFB effects. According to them your LFB and FX should be almost zero. Also you may want to check the setup of your car since they also changed significantly the LSD differential values and the amount of locking they will deliver to the car

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Please stop telling people to use 0 or near-zero LFB and FX, especially if they have non-DD wheels.

5. Ettore

That is what Reiza said in the forum. Many do and many don't like you. But it is better to start where they said we should

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ettore

Just FYI, even Fanatec has updated their site with those values for all their belt driven devices after that change...

upload_2020-10-16_20-9-37.png
    upload_2020-10-16_20-10-9.png

7. Marc Collins

Could you point me to where this was stated? I am not surprised if my wheel responds differently (and of course it is not listed)...it usually does. But I would be surprised if the majority of wheels required no LFB or FX. If so, they can get rid of them!

And, it's not that I disbelieve you...I just didn't see it and I read a lot more on here than the average person.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  8. Ettore

I was surprised too when they said it. Also because before the settings were very different between DD and belt driven and in my head that was for a good reason.
    I will try to search for it because it will be buried below a million pages of posts. Also shortly after that I posted a bug report because on my wheel the LFB=0 setting felt way more like LFB=100 and had to keep it to 1.
    Let me see if I can find it with the searching tool

9. Ettore

I found this reference to it

https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/automobilista-2-beta-v1-0-2-7-now-up.12575/page-2#post-93314

If you see this conversation you had with Renato, you also are making reference to the new settings too, saying: "I would advise not assuming LFB and FX need to be 0/0 for all wheels and try them in both spots (0/0 and 50/50) or more..."

I will keep trying to see where these settings were recommended

10. Ettore

11. Marc Collins

That was just me saying not to not use 0/0 ;) Renato didn't say anything.

I am asking if Reiza said to use 0/0 in conjunction with the latest FFB update that just came out with 1.0.4 (or maybe 1.0.3 at the earliest).

Anyway, the changes with use of LFB and FX are more subtle and smooth now, at least on my wheel. But, it feels more "alive" and "natural" and slightly less harsh at 50/50 than at 0/0.

12. Ettore

Yes it was their recommended setting at that time and ever since, that is why 0/0 was in the conversation and other were asking similar questions. They never came back with any other change in the recommended values to my knowledge even after 1.0.4.0.

13. Marc Collins

...But you don't have a link from Reiza?

The other tidbit that may be useful is that at least on my wheel, you need to use LFB and FX in conjunction with each other. LFB=50/FX=0 is bad and so is LFB=0/FX=50. When they are the same value, the FFB is sublime. I will experiment now and again and may end up lower than 50/50, but 0/0 is definitely a bit too loose and vague for my medium strength wheel. You can saturate the forces, though, if you go too high, so I will try to use the lowest possible values that feel natural. I expect weaker wheels will still need 50+ on both to feel good (as has been the case all along).

14. Ettore

Unfortunately I did not save the link from Reiza back then and the search engine doesn't seem to help since LFB appears to be a too short keyword. I gave it a try but it must be lost god knows where. Also there used to be two topics for FFB settings created by Reiza in the first page of AMS2 forum threads but they seem to be gone. Not in the first pages of threads. Not sure if they canceled them or what... :confused:
    I can agree that 0/0 may be a bit too vague in the center for me, but I also know full well that people have different tastes and what me and you like someone else may not, hence my suggestion to start back from scratch with the recommended setting, hopefully he can work his way to something he likes. Especially considering this gentleman was looking for subtle nuances from FWD cars...

15. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I'm very happy with LFB 0-20 and FX 0-50 all car dependent. I also need to range gain from 55 all the way up to 100 also car dependent. But mostly I run 70/10/0 or there abouts ;) I will and have always told people to run zero if that works for them and I have seen Domagoj Lovric running 0 LFB and 0 FX also.
    I'm not sure why @Marc Collins is so against 0 settings or making adjustments on a car to car basic?

16. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

LFB ruins the FFB on my DD wheel now. It makes the FFB far too peaky. It did improve things on previous builds but the FFB model seems to have changed. I used to use some LFB to get some general weight in the wheel in the centre, now FX provides this. I run 50/0/35.

17. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I change the Gain on a car-to-car basis using the FFB meter as a guide. The difference between "not enough information", "as much data as possible" and "frequent clipping" is stark. However, my wheel has a narrow range of sensitivity.

18. Ettore

I wish we could save FFB settings by car :rolleyes:

19. Marc Collins

@2ndLastJedi This. Except DD wheels and belt/gear wheels often respond opposite. The FFB is too peaky on my wheel when I use 0 LFB and have to add some to get it to feel natural and balanced.

If I came from another sim and used 0/0, I would think my goodness, this is amazing FFB. It's only when you experiment with the settings that are there for a reason that you realize subtle improvements can be achieved if you are willing to test. O course, the settings that feel best vary depending on the hardware (is it a surprise that a toy plastic wheel and "Rolls Royce" DD wheel would need different settings?) and the personal preference of the user. In the end, the FFB is there to provide feedback to go faster, not to replicate what the actual car would feel like. The FFB has to substitute for the steering and g-forces for us.

It is Reiza's long-standing philosophy to have one FFB setting work for all of their vehicles. They do the calibration once properly; don't ask every single user to fiddle with every single car just to get the most basic element of the game to work properly (that's rF2's job ;) ). They have achieved it. I do not require any change on any vehicle and they all feel perfectly balanced (though a few still need some tweaking...haven't tried F-Reiza recently...it was by far the most out-of-whack). This is only as of 1.0.4, though it has been close for a long time.

20. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Even the JCW Mini? That is way too heavy compared to every other car in the game on my wheel, with my settings. Luckily easy adjust on my Fanatec wheel - I need to reduce force by almost 20% to get it feeling reasonable. And I favour reasonably heavy FFB.