1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[0.8.2] Electronics...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Coanda, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

To put it nicely the way PC2 implemented electronics is simply confusing, unrealistic and weirdo.. Currently electronics are managed via game play settings, car setups and ICM with unrealistic 1-100 steps. To add to the confusion if you switch these electronics off in the game play settings you can still make adjustments via the car setup UI however they do nothing.. Authentic mode should only enable electronics that are permitted and lock others that are not for the vehicle selected. This should also be an option for multiplayer racing.

The ICM should be a last resort for users that do not have hardware to map an array of electronics functions.

Ideally TC, ABS, Engine/Fuel/Turbo modes should all be mapable to wheels, multi switches or button boxes with both positive and negative adjustments and with realistic steps (ie. TC = 1,2....10). Fanatecs new Formula V2 wheel rim has 2 x 12 step multi switches that registers as individual buttons. It would be very handy to map ABS & TC to these like we can in ACC. Many new rims have these multi switches too..

thank you for the consideration

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Lukasz Milewski

Lukasz Milewski New Member

Here here, I've spent hours making my button boxes and wheel plates. I'd like to use them in what's shaping up to be the best sim out there.

• Like Like x 2