About half the cars and tracks crash the game

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Peter Jones Racing, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Peter Jones Racing

Peter Jones Racing New Member

Hey everyone,

The title is pretty much self-explanatory. About half the cars and tracks crash the game. I get to the loading screen and it goes no further, just closes the game. After every crash, I do a Steam file validation and there's always 2 files missing. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix?

Thanks,
    Peter J
    https://peterjonesracing.wixsite.com/website

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Do you use a Fanatec device?
    I have reencountered an issue, that i can't solve anymore now...
    (CSL Elite in use)
    My game also crashes, when loading Boxer Cup on Oulton or Donington, now, for example...

A workaround is, starting AMS in compatibility mode for WinXP SP3, also the AMSconfig program (you have to copy your user data files from the documents Automobilista folder into the Automobilista main game userdata folder, to ensure the game finding your profile in WinXP compatibility mode)
    BUT a major issue:
    I get HALF the frames of the usual amount of FPS, when i have the wheel activated. It immediately jumps up to 330 FPS from the (also very stuttery for some reason) 170 FPS, that feel very uncomfortable and not like 170FPS at all, when i deactivate the wheel in the car.

Also wheelbase LEDs and pedal vibration on the CSP V3 aren't working with the P1 rim, with the Formula Carbon Rim, all LEDs and pedal vibration functions are working fine.

Newer Fanatec "beta" drivers actually make it worse with performance. I tried different drivers and firmwares. With newest drivers, the FPS will go down more and more lap by lap, even still decrease under 20 FPS at some point.

No matter if pure 180Hz or pure 360Hz.

@Renato Simioni, sorry for tagging, but is there a way for a workaround? The problems occured after the last Windows updates, i would almost assume.

[EDIT: 1.5.16 fixes the FPS issues...the version that doesn't feature the Fanatec Special settings and Donington+Snetterton]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020