1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ABS still active in GT3 (lock wheel?)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by spinoff, Aug 20, 2021.

1. spinoff

spinoff New Member

Ho everybody,
    Despite the 1.2.2 update, it is still impossible to lock the wheels of GT3 cars even if the ABS is deactivated. Give it a try. Drive straight, brake hard, the wheels never lock... On open wheels it works (although overbraking never causes a puncture).
    Well done for the work you do, it's full of passion. Thank you and good luck for the further development.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, GT3 are still a bit beefy with their grip levels. It's in the continuous process of scraping it off more and more (but gradually to not mess up tire handling). It might take a while still, but you can be sure, it's known! :)

3. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

But, how did I do that? All I did was to adjust brake power to 100% and shift Brake Balance 3 steps front. 20210820023635_1.jpg

4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, with some adjustments you can force them to do that. It will also become better out of the box over time though. The porsche is a good example for "should lock up at the front faster" btw., because of its weight distribution. Try the same stuff with the McLaren 720S.
    It's a mixture of different factors, but it's in the process of improvement, like mentioned.^^

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. spinoff

spinoff New Member

I have just started again with the Porsche 911 and I confirm, the wheels do not lock while I have everything at full throttle (1oo% brake) and no abs. To be more precise, the wheels lock at the end but only when the car is under (40km/h). To get a brake lock before 40km/h (e.g. 120km/h) you have to put more brake at the front: brake distribution 100 / 0 ).
    It looks like the ABS is still working.

Ok, in the process of improvement. Wait and see. Thanks

6. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Your conclusion does not follow. Just because it's "hard" to lock the brakes doesn't mean there is an invisible ABS. In fact, by looking at the telemetry it's obvious that even on the 720S the brakes are locking when ABS is turned off, as both the raw brake signal and the brake signal are identical and the front wheels are locking as indicated by the wheel spin graph:

noabs.jpg

• Like Like x 1