1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accuforce Issues

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Wayne Whitmore, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Member

Two issues have come up for me with using my Accuforce wheel. Since the Sim Commander 4 (SC4) update game CTD as the car loads in garage. If I run the game with out SC4 it will load OK. Are there any other Accuforce users able to run SC4 update 092 OK?

The second issue is that the game will not recognise the Accuforce wheel to import the correct default profile even though it is listed in the devices list. I had the thought that it would need to be Joy 1 to be recognised for the default profile however I am unable to get it to be Joy 1 even after swapping USB ports with the FL2 device. The FL2 device lets me use my old G27 shifter as a stand alone device.

Anyone had this problem?

Inputs.JPG

2. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Active Member

Is the AccuForce listed as being the "Preferred Device" under Windows Game Controllers?

I don't have my AF connected right now to check SC4 issues but, are the axis recognized at all by AMS when performing the button / axis assignments?

3. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member

Default profiles are only matched against device 1. You have to setup manually for more advanced setups.

4. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Member

Yes Accuforce is the preferred device but making it device one I am still not have figured out how to do.
    Axis all recognised ok in setup

5. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Member

6. Dean Ogurek

"Not Supporting" and Not having a "Specific Preset" for a wheel are not the same thing and the AccuForce works just fine in AMS once a custom configuration is setup; it's the same with the OSW-DD wheels, it just takes a bit more time to assign buttons & axis, save your custom-config and then you'll have it if/when you need to reload it. :)

7. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Member

Ok Thanks Dean I was thinking preset would include best game settings to suit the wheel.

8. Dean Ogurek

I have been tuning the AccuForce wheel settings using MockRacer's simplified approach outlined in his guide; it makes tuning quite simple by focusing on a few fundamental settings for the wheel-driver itself.

AMS / rF2 /AC all produce excellent results for me with very minimal tuning needed. It's the closest approach I can achieve with the AccuForce to how the OSW-SimuCube works; the only setting I need for the wheel are overall force and one filter. AC and rF2 have the advantage of adjusting the FFB strength on a per-car basis from within the game.

I find this approach works equally well in every title except for Dirt Rally where I use Foundation FFB as Dirt Rally's game-FFB settings are not as effective IMO.

9. Juan Reinoso

Juan Reinoso Member

Hi friends, since a few days ago I'm having problems with low FPS in Automobilista using the Accuforce V2 Pro, at first I thought it was something of the video configuration, but then I realized that when you start moving the wheel in the game begin to lower the FPS , below 50, when the normal for my pc (until last week) is over 100 FPS at all times, with graphics to the maximum, and I never had a problem.

After realizing that the steering wheel was the cause of the problem of the FPS, I tried the configuration of the FFB in 180hz and effectively raise the FPS, I also tried other games and they work normally.

So I wanted to ask you what may have happened these days, since Automobilista was working perfectly for me in 360hz and from one day to the next it started to malfunction, so it is almost unplayable.

Cheers

10. Dean Ogurek

Have you tried using the AccuForce without launching SimCommander? SC4 has had a few issues in the past with high CPU usage but, perhaps with certain PC configurations, it could still be an issue (?)

11. Juan Reinoso

Juan Reinoso Member

I think using the wheel without simcomander is like using a g27 with more torque... but maybe i'm wrong

12. Dean Ogurek

Far from it actually but, the AccuForce then uses the settings you saved to the device memory (on board) and the FFB will then be 100% based on game-ffb (not SC4 telemetry ffb). It may be a way to isolate the issue or at least, narrow down the possible cause(s). When you run the wheel without SC4, it still performs as a Direct-drive wheel should, it just doesn't have all of the additional extra fine-tuning options that SC4 offers.

In the event that you submit a support ticket with SimXperience, it may be one of the first things they suggest you try.

• Winner Winner x 1