Accuforce wheel unable to bind to steering

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by DrGig, Dec 28, 2017.

1. DrGig

DrGig New Member

I hate to start a new thread since I've read some with similar titles, but none of them were able to help this issue. this controller setup has been working fine in other sims, iracing, rfactor2, american truck, etc.

3 devices connected; accuforce wheel base, a separate usb petals and usb wheel rim/button box. the petals and button box work as expected, can be assigned to any control. when click on steer left/right, move the wheel all the way left and right, but it never gets detected and have to hit esc to abort.

I dont think this is an issue, but for full disclosure, on the ams controls page, it lists the devices in this order...
    joy1: petals
    joy2: button box
    joy3: accuforce wheel

Tried disconnecting everything but the wheel, restart, and try again. no change, steering still wouldn't detect, and the wheel was still listed as joy3 with joy1 and joy2 blank.

My understanding is any "joy" number can be assigned to any control, so i dont think thats it, but maybe a clue.

Also read elsewhere about assigning the wheel as preferred device in windows game controllers, the wheel base has been selected there, no change, and still listed as joy3 with joy1 and 2 blank (when the petals and button box are disconnected).

Any help greatly appreciated!

2. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Check my PM response Dave.

3. Conrad Miller

Conrad Miller New Member AMS2 Club Member

4. DrGig

DrGig New Member

conrad: thanks for the try, read that thread, definitely going to the extents left and right, not detecting :(

dean: thanks for the reply, will try some usb switching when i get back tonight.

fingers crossed,
    dave

5. DrGig

DrGig New Member

great success!

shame on me for a poor diagnostic procedure, can't really identify the exact culprit, but at least its all working now.

my gut says it has something to do with the 1.5 update. but unfortunately we tried something first, export the preset, save as custom, import custom, then attempt steering assignment and it worked!

thanks everyone for the help, wish we would have just tried the steering assign after update without anything else, but them the breaks.

cheers all!

dave