Adjust gear ratios

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by ayzr0451, Oct 5, 2019.

1. ayzr0451

ayzr0451 Member

The gear ratios on some cars are far too close together. For example on the formula ultimate, you progress through the gears like normal until gear 5 through 8, which are so close that you gain no speed before hitting the rev limiter in eighth. The problem is that the gear ratios do not seem to be adjustable at all on most cars. How do I fix this?

2. ayzr0451

ayzr0451 Member

Actually, if you full throttle, every gear almost instantly hits the rev limiter. What is happening here?

3. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

If I recall correctly, the Formula Ultimate has a fixed gear ratio indeed. It's a rule of the series.

They are close because that's the nature of higher gears. Too much air resistance means you need to stay on the optimum engine RPM range in order to increase your speed.

And the car has a lot of gears, so there are more of them to populate the 0 to top speed range.

4. ayzr0451

ayzr0451 Member

Ok, that makes sense. Is there anything I can do about it though? I just did a race with the formula trainer and I couldn't remotely keep up with the AI because top gear was maxing out at 60mph. They had speed I didn't have access too because the rev limiter

5. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

Hm... Is it like REALLY limited? If so, that's the pit limiter and you have to press a button to toggle pit limiter off (I don't remember which is the default button assigned to it, but you can assign one yourself on Control Options).

Or maybe you are racing against the slightly faster Formula Trainer. How much is that difference in top speed?

Edit: I just re-read you post, and it indeed sounds like you have the pit limiter on. Also, units are on km/h. You can change that in Display Options.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  6. ayzr0451

ayzr0451 Member

Actually I figured it out. I googled 'every gear feels like neutral.' Turns out the game autocalibrated my clutch pedal incorrectly, keeping it at a constant 50 percent input. The solution was reassigning the clutch. Thank you very much for your time man

• Informative Informative x 1