AI Blue flag

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Philip00, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Hi all!

I'm realized that the AI still not repsect the blue flag and not let go cars who try to lap them. Is there a plan that fix this in the future?

(sorry for my bad English)

Philip

2. Thiago Izequiel

Thiago Izequiel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Philip. Could you please, describe a little more what the AI is doing or maybe show us a video about it? Also, let us know what level of AI are you running, car and track.
    Thank you!

3. keith windsor

keith windsor Active Member AMS2 Club Member

OP is talking about the blue flag rule.
    When the leaders catch up with the back markers, a blue flag is shown to the backmarkers, telling them that they should not block the leaders, but should slow very slightly and allow them to pass. This is something that the rF engine in all it's forms, has never been able to do, & I'm not sure it is possible, but I agree with the OP, it would be fantastic if it was ever possible to include this in AMS or in the next game. It is the one major realism feature that is missing in offline racing.

4. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That is incorrect, the RF2 AI slowdown and move slightly out the way when there is a blue flag, so it is possible and hopefully something Reiza can add in themselves.

5. gongo

gongo Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

-

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  6. MarcG

I was responding to his quote about the rf engine, the whole ISI Motor (all parts) are a continuation of a continuous engine development program. Now that Reiza have the base from the rf1 version they can expand as they wish, which would include developing AI the way they want. Therefore creating better blue flag rules for AI is entirely possible as had been proven by ISI themselves.

7. keith windsor

keith windsor Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well gongo is correct, I was not referring to rF2, I meant the rF1 engine and all it's various incarnations, which most certainly were not able to include the blue flag rule.

Of course AMS and rF2 are different - Reiza are now allowed to re-write the code in AMS ( and obviously ISI have done so for rF2). None of the previous variations had such freedom.

Hence why I then said I'm not sure it's possible but it would be fantastic if it could be included in AMS or the next game.

8. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Maybe im wrong but i don't think it is so difficult o doit, just need another path line in track (Rfactor 1 has fast, inside outside i belive) so when AI are under béue flag should use outside path which i belive it's possible + lack of engine or mass penalty (like JR did with his plugin in RFactor 1). Single player is very important in my opinion and this could be fantastic, because avoid the blue flag rule can ruin all the gameplay with AI.

(Sorry for my bad English)

9. MarcG

Apologies for presuming incorrectly, not hard to do though ;)
    Anyway yeah, as before, Reiza have the tools so proper blue flag rules are possible, fingers crossed :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gleidson Silva Pereira

Gleidson Silva Pereira New Member AMS2 Club Member

The GTR2 uses the gmotor and AI respects the rules chosen for the race, not to mention that attacks and defends well in a dispute, that is, there is how to improve the AI because you've done something better to more than 10 years, I don't know why after GTR2 never made a decent AI.

The ability to work that has already shown, REIZA was already to have THERE better than the current one, I hope they do it soon.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Philip00

Philip00 Member

I would love if we have some feedback from Automobilista that this feature is going to be include in Automobilista or not, i think this really need for single player community

12. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Is there any info about this?

13. Craigbowie

Craigbowie New Member

I played offline with the 1.4 update... found that lapped AI do slowdown on straights but dont move off the racing line...
    This tends to back up all the cars causing crashes as the faster cars trying to pass the lapped cars.
    Its better but needs more work.
    A lapped car should move off the racing line and slow down... this would really sort out the blueflag issue!

14. Angel Of Attack

Angel Of Attack Member

A lapped car should not off the racing line, jumping side to side wildly in a corner makes you less predictable thus much more dangerous.
    Of course you should give the room for the overtaking car if it's already on your side.
    It's the fast car's response to make a clean pass. And that's what AI lacking of for now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Craigbowie

Craigbowie New Member

Found with the lastest update that the cars are behaving far better now, they slow and the faster cars overtake.... has breathed new life into the game!