1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AI co-driver suddenly an idiot lol

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Jeff Scharpf, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I generally play season championships and always allow enough time in each race to let me pit and have the AI driver take over. It has worked great for me, allowing me to take a break in a long 3 hour race. Typically, the AI co-driver would race clean and keep up with my lap times..
    Since the update, I just had a race where I pitted, took tires, fuel, repairs. and the AI driver took over. He went one lap, came back in (not sure why) and got a 50 second penalty for speeding in pit lane.. Then he went another lap, came back in (again no idea why) and was disqualified for speeding in pit lane lol! The dirty fiend cost me a race .. going from a comfortable 5th place, to LAST in just a few laps :).
    Anyone else see any issues with the AI co-driver? This was in a GTE car in a mixed (GT3/GTE) race at Daytona, 3.5 hour race, 5X time progression.

2. Jeff Scharpf

Bringing this up again because I can't complete a race. Each time I let my AI co-driver take over, he gets disqualified. I'm only playing in the GTE/GT3/GT4 series. Anyone else see this behavior?

3. Jeff Scharpf

Ok it appears that this is a pit lane speeding bug. Every time the AI comes in to pit he/she gets a speeding penalty. By the third time in, he/she gets DQ'd. I think it's a speed limit issue, as even I got a speeding penalty when using the limiter. I've tried different pit speed settings. Going higher only makes it worse. I think the "buffer" of the speed limiter on the car goes past the actual speed limit, at least that's a guess. I'm not sure if this only happens in championship mode or not, but that is where I see it every single race.