AI tire wear and AIPitThreshold

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Philip00, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Hello @Renato Simioni

I would like to ask some questions regarding AIPitThreshold.

I have included later on AIpitThreshold line in the different compounds however i have realized that in the game AI only respect one number which that apllies to different compunds even taht i have set different numbers for different compounds. For example I put AIPitThreshold=0.94 line for Supersoft compound but miss this line in Soft compound, the AI still pit tires for soft compund as well when the threshold number reach what i have set for supersoft. I have also tried different values for Soft however the AI pit in the exactly same time for Soft tires like for supersoft no matter what the values is AIPitThreshold in Soft.

Could you please help me with those issue and possible to fix in the future?

Thank you in Advance,

Philip

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  2. Racing Heart

Racing Heart New Member

Bumping this thread with a tangent - I've added AIPitThreshold to my own mod's TBC files, and while the AI do drive to their pit box, they only seem to change tires if set to "unlimited" (in which case they'll always pit for new tires).

If "limited" (no matter if it's two sets or the max of ten), they don't change tires until a tire in the set is completely worn. To make matters worse, once a tire is below an AI car's AIPitThreshold setting, they'll continue to pit every lap without changing the tires until after it is 100% worn. What other lines do I need in either the HDV or the TBC to eliminate this behavior?

Reason why I ask is because I'd like to get the AI to double or even triple stint their tires to get more realistic (and fun) endurance racing.