1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AI using same livery as player instead of using one of the available ones

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by TheRealJuralumin, Mar 1, 2021.

1. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Member

Is there any way to prevent the AI from using the same livery as me? For example when there's a series with 20 different liveries, I set the race to have 19 opponents, assuming every AI driver uses a different Livery, this should result in a full grid with every livery being used, but instead one of the AI opts to use the same livery as me and one of the other liveries never shows up on the grid. I noticed this is consistent through every class. In the other madness engine games (Project Cars 1 & 2), the AI will use every available livery before using a duplicate, but here it seems the AI just use the next one in the list, regardless of what the player chooses.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Apex

Apex Active Member

It's a known issue that has been raised many times in various threads. Interestingly, the AI will only spawn a duplicate of the player's livery but not another AI driver's skin. To me it's a bit of an immersion breaker even though to be honest I only notice it when watching replays. I just like the concept of a full grid with unique liveries all around because it looks awesome!

At a glance it might seem like small piece of code that needs writing/editing, but I suspect the livery system is rather complex. Perhaps there's a workaround using the custom livery tool until Reiza will address the issue.

(edited due to several typos)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

A Content Manager style interface is the dream really isn’t it. Completely customisable in terms of driver names/skill/liveries etc. I fully appreciate that it’s not going to happen overnight, and might not even be possible in this case at all, but that should be the gold standard that all devs strive towards IMO.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, Content Manager is the benchmark imo.
    Also Iracing lets you customize everything when racing against AI.
    Hope we can do that at some point in AMS2, too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Apex

Apex Active Member

It would certainly raise the bar for offline immersion if for example you'd know that the bloke in the blue V12 might pull a Regazonni on you while the guy in the Brabham will race you cleanly.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Apex

Apex Active Member

I assume the issue is persistent as there has not been an update since the last time I logged in here, and I openly confess I've removed AMS2 from my steam account in a rather childish tantrum over this and a couple of other minor things that provoke my sensibilities.

Ironically, reporting the matter was the very reason I signed up here in the first place, and being a hopeless primadonna, I simply cannot but take it personally that it has not been addressed by the developers yet.

:)

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Ok. Have fun not enjoying the game :D

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Tim Driscoll

Tim Driscoll New Member

This is still an issue after the most recent update. Will this ever get fixed? Actually, looking back through the update change logs and like a year ago they stated that this was fixed... but I just created a new championship with Formula Ultimate cars and each time an AI car takes the same livery I chose. Even if I turn the number of drivers down from 19 to like 6... each time the AI pick a duplicate livery.... Maybe this could be fixed at some point before more paid dlc is launched? Maybe finish the rest of the core gameplay features as well before more paid dlc? Career mode? Yeah, still some simple issues that could be fixed if anyone cared to look at them....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Tim Driscoll

Tim Driscoll New Member

I like that a person disliked my post yet here we are, February of the following year, damned near March... and this is still an issue with the game. How the hell has this not been fixed yet? I just tried creating a new Championship and EVERY TIME an AI driver is assigned the same livery I pick. Every. Single. Time. There is ZERO excuse for this not being fixed yet. Zero.

10. tatiago93

tatiago93 New Member

Hello,

Here having the same issue.

Does anybody know somehting to solve this? The immersion really goes down on the offline when this happens.

Thank you very much.

11. jamespoly86

jamespoly86 Member

I tried with custom AI files like suggestion of another user: in formula ultimate gen 2 I used custom AI file for the first 20 AI cars and i selected the twenty-first AI car in game car selection and AI don't use same player AI. It should function also with custom lieveries.

12. Yerffej

Yerffej Member

Strange one this, it doesn't happen in every single racing class, just certain ones. Not a game breaker though and hopefully they will eventually get round to fixing it.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Tim Driscoll

Tim Driscoll New Member

June 12th... 2022... still a thing that hasn't been fixed. I'm not sure how or why... but here we are.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1