AI Weird Problem [Video]

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by lightbulbsun43, Jun 7, 2018.

1. lightbulbsun43

lightbulbsun43 New Member

Hey all!

I've run into a strange problem, and it's happening consistently across tracks. For starters, the blue flag system the AI adheres to is really strict and detrimental. The AI slows down to such a degree that it causes massive crashes and pile-ups. Is there any way of softening the blue flag effect, or turning it off?

But this problem is compounded by the game not tracking the AI's position, as you see in this video. This AI driver is in 20th, but then suddenly starts falling to 41st, despite not being passed. He's obviously missed a timing loop or something. Then he slows down from the expected 190-ish mph to about 40. Causing a massive wreck behind him.

So we've got the AI not being tracked, missing a timing line or something?

And then we've got the AI slowing down to a dangerous amount after being blue flagged.

Can anyone help on how to prevent these two problems from happening?

2. lightbulbsun43

3. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Will check!

4. lightbulbsun43

Edit 2: Okay, so the AI won't miss timing lines if you don't use the in-race replay feature, and also if you don't use Time Acceleration.

Still no solution on Blue Flags other than to turn them off in the .plr

Edit: Nope, AI is still missing timing lines. It just took 100 laps for me to figure out they were.

Alright, so my work-around is just disabling blue flags in the .PLR file.

I can't seem to get the scoring loop problem to repeat itself when not using the Time Acceleration feature (ctrl + T). For some reason that's what caused that scoring problem.

And then, by disabling blue flags, there's no AI suddenly stopping. It does mean that they don't yield when you lap them, but eh. Better than the alternative.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018