AI

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Jon, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Jon

Jon New Member

Hi,

Just wanted to say absolutely love this sim, simply amazing work.

I wanted to know if anything has changed with the recent AI - A few months back I was enjoying races where they would defend their position and not back out of overtakes. This seems to have changed and was wondering if it was a setting at my end that I've missed? Recently using AJR they would get a clear run at me with tremendous closing speed, I'd hold my line (Not swerving or blocking) so they could pass but instead they ran right up to the rear of the car and back off the throttle.

Also with defending they dont seem to do it anymore - Tried with both standard and beta versions.

I've tried racing different cars at different aggression & AI levels but nothing seems to change it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

2. Salvatore Sirignano

Salvatore Sirignano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Only just seen this, but I think they broke the overtaking going from versions 1.476 to 1.48 something.
    However, the most recent builds, 1.493 onwards, have made the AI better than ever in my opinion, they still do back off the throttle at times, but also execute some very realistic slipstream passes on each other when closing in at a certain speed, with a big enough gap alongside, etc..

Which builds are you referring to?