AMS beta or just AMS?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by slowpoke, Mar 20, 2016.

1. slowpoke

slowpoke New Member AMS2 Club Member

I never even realized this until today but, I have to installs on steam of AMS one beta and, the other just AMS. I guess what I'm asking is should I uninstall the beta version and, just go with AMS or, should I keep both? AMS beta runs good but, the regular install of AMS is horribly laggy. I just started it and shut it off so, I did not change any settings, change my FFB, trouble shoot in forums, or even try to fix anything so, it may not be a big deal.

2. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

The Beta is the version only the Indygogo Backers can access, and it gets the latest changes first for testing purposes. If they work in the Beta those changes are then integrated into the standard release. At the moment those two versions are quite the same I think.

For me, both versions run equally well. I mainly play the non-beta version, except if there are interesting changes to try out.

3. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It does not sound normal to have a laggy normal version and a fine beta… Did you run the config in the normal version? You should also make sure you have the same settings in both.
    Like Gevatter said, the beta is updated more often and first; once it is stable, the regular version is updated also. It is useful if you can run the beta and report what is going well or wrong… While you will have more people online with the regular version! :)

4. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Both at the moment are identical, however as said, the Beta is updated quicker than the normal version. You should not have differences in performances. So you have one configured correctly, and the other not.

5. slowpoke

slowpoke New Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks guys, appreciated. I need to configure the retail AMS. Thanks again.