AMS Championships

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Harry H, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Harry H

Harry H Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Does anyone have guides / resources that would help me understand how to create custom championships in AMS1, while I wait, somewhat impatiently, for the ability to do that in AMS2? I've done quite a bit of searching and found a few helpful posts, but I'm still struggling with issues like how to set the grid size, how to create custom driver names and talent files and have them successfully load, etc.

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. SleekBeek

SleekBeek New Member AMS2 Club Member

For what it's worth (afraid I don't have much time to give more detail, but as nobody else has replied):

1) presumably you're aware of the 'in-game' external championship tool - using that will at least get you some of the way there (although appreciate it won't meet all your needs)

2) Google is your friend for this, but if you're struggling to find guides on ams1, Google your questions for rfactor 1 or gtr2: while there are differences, if you understand how to edit the things you mention in these games, ams1 is just a sideways step

3) probably the best thing you can do is have a poke around the file and folder structure of ams1. You can read most files using notepad, and if you open up some of those, you will immediately start to see how it all fits together - especially as I say if you create your own custom champ using reizas tool, and then compare it to the standard champs already included.

Might be worth a mod moving this to a more appropriate part of the forum.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ask at AMSU Discord. They hold AMS1 championships all the time so should be able to help you. AMS Unofficial

• Like Like x 1
  4. Harry H

Harry H Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the advice, appreciated. I'm gradually figuring things out.