AMS does not read my keyboard layout accurately

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Jan Mikuž, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's a minor thing and i've sort of learned which key is which in the game by now :D (was the same in SCE).
    But it would be appreciated if it could be made so that the game would read my keyboard layout accurately, if it's not too much of a hassle to implement...It's a bit of a nuisance in online lobby chatting.

Here is my keyboard layout. The greens are (Shift) and the blues are (Ctrl+Alt/Alt Gr).

Thank you

2. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

Controller.ini > Keyboard Layout Override="1"

Doesn't it work for you?

• Like Like x 2
  3. TDS

TDS ;-) AMS2 Club Member

this!

4. Jan Mikuž

Obrigado, Heitor, that works.
    Wasn't aware of this option in the ini.

5. Jan Mikuž

The problem persists.

Keyboard Layout Override="1" keeps resetting to Keyboard Layout Override="0"
    randomly while i'm in the game. Not sure what triggers it.

When testing, i set it to ''1'' and saved. I then launched the game, joined a server and checked if it registers my keys correctly and it did.
    Then i went on to edit some of my setups, edit one controller preset and when i tried to write something into the setup notes i noticed the ''z'' is ''y'' again and every other key is messed up again as well.
    Closed the game and checked ''Keyboard Layout Override='' value and it has indeed reset itself to 0.

6. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, this probably happens because all controller presets have it saved as "0". When you edit a preset you are using that file to be the default for your settings.

Maybe Reiza should make all presets as "1" by default. But what about other keyboards? Would they work? @Renato Simioni, probably a relevant issue here.

7. Jan Mikuž

I have different controller presets for different cars (due to steering sensitivity, which needs to be changed/lowered to work properly with my ancient MS Sidewinder wheel...i use different steering sensitivity for different cars - as low as 5% to 20%).

The last time i only edited the KLO value in controller.ini in my profile folder.
    Now i noticed there is Keyboard Layout Override command (which is currently set to 0) in each of my custom presets, stored in the controller folder as well.
    Will set the KLO value to 1 in those and see if it locks in.