AMS graphic settings/ nvidia control panel/ nvidia inspector?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by rocafella1978, Aug 23, 2016.

1. rocafella1978

rocafella1978 Member AMS2 Club Member

so after several tests and trying, not much is happening, as soon as i change settings from recommended settings in AMS, (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista\Support \Automobilista_User_Guide_EN.pdf) the game does NOT load, only black screen and goes back to desktop with GMOTOR2 ERROR -> something with ROADSDA, and i do not have any MODS in there either, also have done the STEAM INTEGRITY CHECK, along with "config.ini" redo/ reset. (had all original files backed up)
    does anyone have any ideas what i can do to get the graphics changed to test higher settings? i think my PC can handle it and would like to give it a try at least. (32GB ram, nvidia gtx titan x 2-SLI, i7-5930k with SSD drives)
    AMS (1).png AMS (3).png AMS (4).png AMS (5).png AMS (6).png AMS (7).png AMS (8).png AMS (9).png AMS (10).png
    i hope someone can help, otherwise will reinstall and try again. could it be SLI related? that i have my system in SLI?

2. denis dracup

denis dracup Active Member AMS2 Club Member

i am not sure but i think game does not support SLI..

3. roby13

roby13 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

i would start all over again. try to see if the game loads without ANY settings applied, nvidia, inspector, simple settings im config, no sli. and then bump up the settings progressively

4. rocafella1978

yes exactly what i decided to do, also deleted through steam, then also any remains in the system (documents, folders anything with ams) and see what happens once downloaded and freshly installed.
    would be nice if games came with settings/ kind or presets for low, low-med, medium, med-high, high and ultra settings for graphics settings.
    always feel like not so technical users, feel like idiots and dummies asking how to get their system going with a game and get best of quality out of a game. should be left to advance, experienced and knowledgable users to do all the nvidia profiler and system changes, ini files and so on. but I admittedly feel overwhelmed by all these programs and settings, and in standard the game does not look very pretty graphically speaking, and this should not be set better by tweaking hell out of it and google gallore all day to get it going.
    - not complaining about the games FFB, sounds and physics, really love those and the feeling of the cars are amazing imho, but graphically, not really appealing no attractive. i have a high end system and can't get the game set right, to look right, but comparing to some users online, theirs look fantastic but they tweak the hell out of it and etc...just reading some if the stuff they did gives me a headache.

anyways...would be nice to have presets.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  5. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza have always said their hands are tied on graphics due to the current engine, but who knows what Reiza17 will bring to the form?

But as it stands just follow the manual guide crank it too the max an take it for what it is, otherwise you'll spend weeks tweaking to no avail. The physics an game play will over ride those issues in the long run :)

6. roby13

roby13 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

i dont think it has anything to do with ams graphics engine. ROADSDA sounds like a material error. software optimization is always time consuming. there are infinite combinations of hardware. unfortunately some research and reading comes with it.

7. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My Nvidia Inspector stopped working two days ago - it won't open properly. I updated to the latest version and installed the latest graphics card drivers but to no avail. Perhaps your Nvidia Inspector is part of the problem?

8. rocafella1978

the attempt to go to 16xQ (16x Multisampling) from 8xQ (8x Multisampling) in nvidia profile inspector and start the game results in crash to desktop and and completely frozen UI.
    (2x, 4x or 8x sparse grid supersampling, does not cause crashing or frozen game)

...this is so far what i found out, wish fresh installation and following manual of AMS. (and still haven't found if there is SLI compatibility bits for SLI usage and which bits to use for AMS)

perhaps something to read about antialiasing ... am sure there is more out there to read and understand, but it rather seems to cause some complete hang ups/ freezing of game with AMS when you attempt to start with anything but 8xQ.
    So either setup/ go with what REIZA instructs and don't change since nothing higher works and game freezes/ hangs up.
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/...ialising-setings-for-the-best-image-quality-/

fresh installation of AMS, I have tested on 2x PC's (computers) now:
    ( 1 ) Win 8.1 + 2x SLI Nvidia GTX Titan X
    ( 2 ) Win 10 + Nvidia GTX 1080

and same results! anything above 8xQ freezes and hangs the game. the rest exactly by the book and by the instructions of AMS manual (PDF).

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  9. rocafella1978

did anyone ever come up with GRAPHIC SETTINGS for this game to make it look good?

10. rocafella1978

what settings in the AMS CONFIG?
    1.png

11. Thomas Wegerhoff

Thomas Wegerhoff New Member AMS2 Club Member

Did you try to use the game AA and not the Nvidia AA?
    Disable HDR and set AA to 8xMS.
    Additonial to that Sparse grid Super Sampling and the game looks pretty good.

I think i remember that HDR and AA together (in the game settings) was not possible in the first development phase, but was made working together.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  12. Thomas Wegerhoff

Thomas Wegerhoff New Member AMS2 Club Member

13. Rodders

Rodders Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd drop the AA via he Nvidia Control Panel or NVidia inspector - I had it on for months and since switching AA back to application controlled the game is much more stable and I don't get graphics card driver crashes anymore.

I use 4 x Sparse grid supersampling in the nvidia inspector and 4 x AA via the AMS configuration and the game looks great (I'm at 3440 x 1440 res).

14. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I run 3840x2160 8x multisampling and 2x sparse grid and then everything else at max and it looks pretty good . GTX 1070 / i5 6600k.
    With your set up you should be in 4k and put up with 60fps .
    Are you chasing 144hz ? You gotta choose Graphic quality of fps .

15. rocafella1978

hi and thank you all for your replies. I have not changed yet to a monitor, planning to go to Asus PG348Q but right now still on Samsung TV 1080p.
    i think biggest problem i have across sims, is screen tearing, and that i can't get the sims to look smooth, they always look like they have "edges/ almost boxes"
    i have not downloaded Nvidia Inspector but will try it out. possible to see some screenshots from you guys? will make it easier to understand and follow. (nvidia control panel and nvidia inspector)

16. 2ndLastJedi

You could still use DSR in nVidia control panel to run the game at 3840x2160 then down sample it back to 1080p to get rid of all aliasing . That would make a huge difference , ive never done it as im using a UHD display but a quick Google will provide step by steps .
    I'll do some screens soon .

17. 2ndLastJedi

Hope these help.

Attached Files:

18. 2ndLastJedi

And here .

Attached Files: