AMS problems detecting Fanatec CSR since v1.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Walter, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Walter

Walter New Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm having problems with my Fanatec CSR wheel since 1.5/1.5.1/1.5.11, can't remember exactly which version it started.

When I start the game the wheel is not detected (but the wheel is connected and turned on, and it displays "AMS" on the rim, or actually "ANS"). To have it detected by AMS I have to do the following:
    1. Go to controls
    2. Try to reassign 'left' (or 'right')
    3. It won't register so I have to cancel with Esc. 'Left' doesn't have an assignment now.
    4. Click the refresh icon for detecting the wheel
    5. Reassign 'left'

It won't work any other way, and I have to repeat this process every time I return to the garage after driving. Sometimes the game freezes for seconds and I've got to repeatedly press the "reset force feedback" button for it to become responsive again.

I didn't have any problems in Automobilista prior to v1.5. Same firmware/drivers for the CSR (latest), same Windows version (Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 64-bit). I have CSR Elite Pedals, connected seperately. Wheel and pedals work just fine in Assetto Corsa and Dirt Rally.

I've already tried reinstalling AMS, and throwing away my user profile and creating a new one. I checked the integrity of the game files in Steam. I've tried previous branches on Steam, but they crash while loading a track.

2. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Pls for a quick one, try unticking "Check for XInput devices" in Options->Controls menu.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Walter

Thanks for the suggestion Domagoj. Unfortunately it doesn't make a difference.

I need to add that while steering inputs aren't recognised until the refresh&reassign procedure I described above, force feedback does work immediately, as well as the pedals (but that kind of makes sense, as they're connected seperately).

4. Walter

Wait, there is an improvement after all! After a restart the steering wheel still isn't working when I go on track immediately, but now I only have to open the options -> controls menu without doing the entire reassign procedure to have it detected. So unchecking "check for xinput devices" definitely did something. After each session I still have to repeat this, but at least there are less steps to take now.

Edit: hmm, things have now gone back to the way they were before, too bad.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018