1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 crash-to-desktop from Reiza Studios splashscreen

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by maconnolly, Jul 1, 2021.

1. maconnolly

maconnolly New Member

I should start by saying: I have resolved my issue. I am posting this in case it helps others.

I went to run AMS2 this morning and it crashed to the desktop. This happened within 1 second, or so, of the Reiza Studios splashscreen appearing. I was then presented with the BugSplat UI suggesting I can submit the error report.

I tried a few more times - same behaviour every time. I run on Windows 10 and use a Logitech G29, supported by the Logitech GHub software.

I validated what error Windows was logging - it was showing AMS2AVX.exe as the faulting application and kernelbase.dll as the faulting module.

I was fairly certain this was a 'Steam client' issue - as it felt like it was crashing just before the little Steam overlay prompt would normally appear for me. However, other Steam games would launch fine.

I then updated my Nvidia GeForce driver. I turned off the Nvidia GeForce overlay. Still, a crash every time.

Finally, I thought I would test with Ghub off. Still, it crashed. However, I then noticed there had been an update to GHub on 29/06/2021. I unplugged my G29 physically and the game launched.

I ended up rolling back Logitech GHub to an earlier version. I didn't really suffer from the lock-up on the Reiza Studios screen that others have reported - but, in any case, I rolled back to the 'known safe' version (2021.3.xxxx) via Logitech's support website. Now it all works as normal.

I am not sure how systematically the 29/06/2021 GHub update is breaking people's game - so thought I would post this in case it helps others.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Gustau

Gustau New Member

Thanks, it worked for me!!! That's right!
    Excuse me, but where can I find the earlier version of Ghub?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
  3. Gustau

Gustau New Member

4. MidCoastMoto

MidCoastMoto New Member

Thank you Maconnolly!!! I was about to give up on this, but you've nailed it. G Hub is crashing my AMS too.
    I can see the older versions, but it doesn't matter which one I try, they always install the newest update, killing AMS.
    I'm going to keep trying, but thank you! At least I know why now.

5. maconnolly

maconnolly New Member

There is an option in GHub to prevent installation of updates. Once you rollback, just go into Settings and untick the box. It should prevent it from rolling back up to the latest!

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Freemaglee

Freemaglee New Member

Same problem!! G29 and ghub