1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 Dedicated Server Tool / SteamCMD Support

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dave Stephenson, May 29, 2020.

1. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

upload_2020-11-23_10-37-0.png

2. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Thanks @Dave Stephenson it seems this menu pops when clicking “Create New” button in MP; but I have a previously created (within a real server) lobby. So is there a way to configure these setups for that already created lobby ?

3. Dave Stephenson

Only when creating the lobby. You can create your lobby from the client by not forcing server control and using the -selectds parameter in your steam launch options for the client (there's a base 'game_controlled' config for that in the example configs.

Alternatively as noted above by others you will need to set the flag in the server config.
    @Asturbo put a google sheet together to help with calculating those: Flags Calculator

• Like Like x 2
  4. davidantx

davidantx Member AMS2 Club Member

Folks, I made the changes in post 207 that were suggested to use simresults with AMS2, and I am still getting very weak results with AMS2 results uploaded. Here is what I got, showing only 1 lap, a PC Cars logo, etc -- how can I change this? (and yes I made them correctly paying attention to paths, etc. per post 207).

Result 201124-11J - -931849903 - cmsracing.com - Project Cars - Simresults

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  5. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

it works on my server.
    I added the 2 edited files including folder structure to simply copy it to your DS

6. davidantx

Thank you Wolfgang, will try these files.

7. Chin

Chin Member AMS2 Club Member

Hoping someone can help me out... I cannot get the latest vehicle list. I have updated the DS several times, including using the "Update Release" script from the "AMS2DedicatedQuickStart" zip file. The resulting list still matches that from the one I pulled in mid-October. Any suggestions? Thanks.

8. Wolfgang Herold

sorry, pal. There must be another setting too, additional to the 2 files i sent.
    Last night i also sent it to a friend and he also had the bug with just everything is 1 lap and "pCARS" instead of "AMS2". :confused:
    Investigating :confused:o_O

9. Dave Stephenson

Updating requires being able to overwrite the exe. Ensure that the server is not running during updating and there are no reasons steamcmd would not have write access to the files.

If you have a partial update applied you will usually need to run steam file validation to fix it. You can create a script or modify your update script to validate if no update is available by inserting the word validate between the appid and and quit command.

eg.

steamcmd\steamcmd.exe +login anonymous +force_install_dir ../ams2_beta_dedicated +app_update 1336240 validate +quit

You can check the installed build information in <install_dir>/steamapps/appmanifest_<appid>.acf

The latest build IDs are:
    Beta: 5838396
    Release: 5838392

10. Wolfgang Herold

it would be a nice feature to add correct versioning to the DS exe.
    Since 1st release ist always

- server build version: 1
    - protocol version: 64 (1.0.0.64)

11. Chin

Chin Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you. I don't know what I had wrong, but your script has done the job.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wolfgang Herold

i revert all my hints and helps for DS & Simresults.
    I found that my sms_stats.lua now is different in some functions compared to the updated one from early days by help of pCARS forum.
    So i decided to completely delete my ds folders and redownload from steam.
    Then just set
    "track_events" : true, in sms_stats_config.json
    and that was it. Worked !
    Link to testsession with som AI here:
    Result 201125-H4S - BrandsHatch_Indy - Devils Test - Automobilista 2 - Simresults

13. RWB FxUK

RWB FxUK Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm curious about something.. being fairly new to AMS2's dedi setup and how it interacts with steam.

Whilst our AMS2 dedi is working ok, the pings are roughly double that of pings on other servers we host, in the same location / same hardware, with the same players connecting i.e R3E, ACC

The AMS2 dedi is not running through steam as such, the files are in a custom location and manually updated when a new exe drops.

I'm just wondering if there is something that I am missing. I would assume since the only config option there is for steam as such is the Secure and SteamPorts, that it would automatically choose a relevant region etc. Is it just because its using steam servers where the others are maybe direct?

14. davidantx

Tonight in our league race, I had a driver speed on pit road twice during qualifying, accidentally. The first time they got a grid penalty then the second time they got a DQ for the remainder of the qual session. Both of which are fine -- however I could not find/locate any sort of command for me to remove their penalty even had I wanted to -- ideas, feature suggestion? This type of thing is critical for leagues.

15. davidantx

• Like Like x 1
  16. RWB FxUK

RWB FxUK Member AMS2 Club Member

So tonight, I noticed that the in-game ping and server ping are reported different.
    i.e
    Player 1 - In-game: 131 ping - Dedi shows: 60
    Player 2 - In-game: 304 ping - Dedi shows: 241
    Me: Dedi shows: 58 ping

Seems a bit strange.

17. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Sounds like the game is showing your ping to the DS plus the other drivers’ pings to the DS, which is correct since it is a rebroadcaster and has all traffic go through it.

18. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

To be honest, we've been seeing some strange behaviour online which may or may not be related. On two occasions there have been incidents in the race which were reviewed afterwards via replays. On both occasions the replays from each driver showed things happening very differently. In one a driver would clearly drive straight into another causing the incident, yet on the replay of the driver "responsible" the car he hit was nowhere near him. All drivers had good pings.

It seems there is a pretty serious sync issue between drivers happening at the moment, which would explain why so many of our AMS 2 races seem to scrappy and full of bumps.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

I tried your settings it didn't work for me, I give up again. :( Back to peer to peer lobbies for me unless a miracle happens.

20. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Been trying to reproduce this issue for a week now and found how to semi-regularly trigger it.
    So, since I brought the lap records live to Touristenfahrten (24h of Nurbrugring), I have noticed a timing bug that was also inherited from pC2.

Basically, if you are on a timed lap, return to the pit garage while in sectors 2 or 3 and go back out, more often than not, you will trigger a lap count on an invalidated lap when crossing the Start/Finish line on your way out of the pits and the timing addon I am using will register impossible times. (This is during a practice session on a DS)

I believe that "CountThisLapTimes" of the "Lap" event is not false on the outlap, and the "LapTime" attribute is not reset if returned to pits in s2 or s3.

This was not an issue in pC2 as the start/finish line was before the boxes, so you would end with ridiculously long laps of 14+ mins, but in AMS2, where the Start/Finish line is near the end of the pitlane, this is causing quite a few impossible lap times that I need to regularly clean up, which in itself is a chore. :(

If devs could have a look at these faulty event triggers that would be peachy because aside from moving the line before the start I am not sure what to propose.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 1